Like Tree50Likes

You're Fired - for being a bigot

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

You're Fired - for being a bigot

Top Three Reasons NBC Fired Donald Trump | Grant Stern

They're going to regret this when he bans them from presidential broadcasts - inaugural, state of union, press conferences

That a guy like that can run 2nd in the polls behind Jeb Bush is really showing what a "sad" place the US can be somtimes.

Brash, bigot, arrogant, liar...a fine fine man this Trump guy.

Cho-man likes this.

Ah the poor NBC viewers are going to miss out on the Ms USA and Ms Universe Pageant shows. Lots of girls in Bikinis, sucks to be them Youtube will have to be their new friend.

Donald Trump chose his words very poorly. However, his overall message in regards to immigration resonates with many and has some merit. If millions of illegal immigrants were coming into Hong Kong from SE Asian nations, I'm sure Hong Kongers would not be so nice either. Heck, Hong Kong can't even give helpers residency after 7 years of working for fear of competition and locals losing jobs...

Sadly, Trump's message gets lost in his own arrogance and the larger issue of securing our southern border and controlling immigration is missed.

Last edited by Open Casket; 30-06-2015 at 11:04 AM.
    shri, Cho-man, Hanyu and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    Donald Trump chose his words very poorly. However, his overall message in regards to immigration resonates with many and has some merit. If millions of illegal immigrants were coming into Hong Kong from SE Asian nations, I'm sure Hong Kongers would not be so nice either. Heck, Hong Kong can't even give helpers residency after 7 years of working for fear of competition and locals losing jobs...
    Why would you compare millions of immigrants coming into a small region of about 7 million people with millions of immigrants coming into the fourth largest country in the world by area, with a population of over 300 million people?

If a few hundred million new people tried to come into the United States at once, you might have a point. As it stands, Trump's only point is bigotry and his real purpose is trolling the media for publicity and to stroke his ego.
    Cho-man and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:

Brash, bigot, arrogant, liar...a fine fine man this Trump guy.
    In other words all the qualities you need to be a fine upstanding Republican.

Probably supports the NRA as well.
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by j r:
    Why would you compare millions of immigrants coming into a small region of about 7 million people with millions of immigrants coming into the fourth largest country in the world by area, with a population of over 300 million people?

If a few hundred million new people tried to come into the United States at once, you might have a point. As it stands, Trump's only point is bigotry and his real purpose is trolling the media for publicity and to stroke his ego.
    Unemployment in the U.S. remains very high. Much higher than in HK. I can understand why Americans are upset with the current immigration situation and this is likely giving Trump some momentum for at least trying to address the situation which is obviously broke.

Yes, Trump's language is disturbing & wrong. However, I don't know any other country that would tolerate the immigration situation the way it is in the U.S. It is failed policy and needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    That a guy like that can run 2nd in the polls behind Jeb Bush is really showing what a "sad" place the US can be somtimes.
    i'm not one to defend the republicans. and even the democrats leave much to be desired. but running 2nd in these polls has a lot to do with the dynamics of the field, and what i imagine is single-choice polling. (i.e. if there's a poll asking favorite, 2nd favorite, 3rd favorite, etc., and weighting that, i suspect that The Donald would fare much worse).
    he won't be the candidate.

ETA: Oddschecker, for instance, has him 9th
    Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 30-06-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw:
    i'm not one to defend the republicans. and even the democrats leave much to be desired. but running 2nd in these polls has a lot to do with the dynamics of the field, and what i imagine is single-choice polling. (i.e. if there's a poll asking favorite, 2nd favorite, 3rd favorite, etc., and weighting that, i suspect that The Donald would fare much worse).
    he won't be the candidate.
    plus there are about 20 candidates in the field. As a proportion of the entire population, Donald Trump has very little support.

Mat just likes to jump at every opportunity to bash the U.S., best to ignore the trolling....
    Skyhook and lbear40 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast