Like Tree33Likes

UK to be a one-party state?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

UK to be a one-party state?

So you Brits, tell me who this Jeremy Corbyn is, and why is that a reason that the UK may have a one party governing (Conservatie rulng) state because of him? (No, I don't think the UK is going to be a one-party state, but that's another story).

Either way, I'm glad to be Canadian...

This picture sums it up nicely imho...

Before I continue, please put aside what you know to be my views on refugees...those are irrelevant, I am answering your question...

Most traditional Labour voters would like to take those signs and shove them right up Corbyn's ass...

Labour no longer represents the lower classes in Britain...they don't want immigration, they don't want the EU and they certainly don't want to be patronised...they hate political correctness and nannying and what's happening? Suddenly the Tories actually look more attractive to them than Labour...plus you have the Centrist UKIP party (the media like to describe them as 'right wing')...

Labour now appeals only to very small set of people that I like to call the new middle class...maybe lower middles would be better...their grandparents would have worked in mills probably but these people now have semi-professional jobs...they're not rich but they've never set foot in a factory or a call centre...they're white collar...they have degrees but probably don't use them in work (psych. majors, political science, sociology,etc, etc.) ...and they have dinner parties and chatter...another way to define them would be the 'new' or 'lower' chattering class...Labour speaks to these people...they are a minority so labour can't win...the end.

How do I know? I spent years being one! I was a senior manager in a housing association...I even drove Mondeos and Vectras and lived in the detached house in the Home Counties village...cloud cuckoo land...

Hakata Bay and Cho-man like this.

The UK press have such a hard on for him at the moment. He is kind of like the anti Trump.

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    The UK press have such a hard on for him at the moment. He is kind of like the anti Trump.
    Why not...Labour just got spanked in their little lefty bottoms...their solution? A communist...again, put your own politics aside and read the question in the OP...what will win him votes: rent control? Nope...A pro-EU stance? A pro-open door stance? Probably the only thing that might appeal is the re-nationalisation of the railways...maybe...they simply don't represent the working classes anymore...

Original Post Deleted
    Who delivered him the biggest electoral mandate? The electorate?

So will Labour be trounced in the next general election?

Original Post Deleted
    Don't be silly TB...I know you're a borderline progressive...but don't be this silly...

Serious question: Do you think Corbyn can will ever be leader if a Labour government? Yes or no...no excuses.

Reason 1 - printing money to build more houses and roads does not make sense. But, printing more money to subsidise banks apparently does make sense?

Do the other 12 reasons get any better?
    East_coast likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast