Like Tree25Likes

Muslim Clock Kid wants 15 million USD

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    Then the kid took the suspicious looking thing to school and was asked several times to put it away and he kept going room to room with it despite being asked to put the stupid thing away.
    The kid deserved detention, the after school kind.

This is classic PC nonsense gone wild with media...
    Lots of people disagree with you and thats why we have courts to help show the way.....

Detention for making a fake bomb and bringing it to school. I've heard everything now. Detention...

If anyone brought a fake bomb into my kid's school I would demand that police were called and that the kid be suspended at least.

As for 15million...

...cloud cuckoo land...

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    It was not a science project at all! The kid took apart a cheap alarm clock and shoved it into a suitcase...an act anyone could do in a matter of minutes. It is not something anyone built or invented, it is a total hoax.

Then the kid took the suspicious looking thing to school and was asked several times to put it away and he kept going room to room with it despite being asked to put the stupid thing away. This is classic PC nonsense gone wild with media...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEmSwJTqpgY
    Well, from what I'm reading is that his project is literally a clock pulled from another clock and put inside a suitcase which went off twice in class. If it wasn't for a science project, wasn't his own invention, and went off twice during class (which means it was set on purpose), then yes the whole ordeal sounds very suspicious. Especially when you consider that his father is trying to become the president of Sudan and an anti-Islamist, so there might be some political gain in it for him too.

Also, the kid has been showered with gifts from the likes of Microsoft, met the president, met the CEO of Google, received scholarships, moved to a better school zone, yet on top of all of that they want $15 million. The more you read into the case, the crazier the story gets.

Oh... it's that kid that made a clock that looked like a bomb and brought it to school and whose family members have a history of accusing people of Islamophobia and whose sister was suspended previously from the same school after she threatened to blow it up.

Lord Dashwood likes this.

I thought this story was long dead, but seems like a new lawsuit:
    Father of Texas 'clock boy' Ahmed Mohamed sues Glenn Beck, Fox for defamation

If they felt wronged then sue. I didn't realise that if you don't request a certain amount in your claim and more facts come up later, it's difficult to change the amount they are suing for. So you need to start with a crazy number then let the judge grant whatever, which is limited by the number you are suing for.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    If they felt wronged then sue. I didn't realise that if you don't request a certain amount in your claim and more facts come up later, it's difficult to change the amount they are suing for. So you need to start with a crazy number then let the judge grant whatever, which is limited by the number you are suing for.
    Or just accept the world is not perfect, campaign for improvements but otherwise let it go. Suing is very American. And very wrong imho.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Or just accept the world is not perfect, campaign for improvements but otherwise let it go. Suing is very American. And very wrong imho.
    How do you rationalize the fact that on one hand, you make a federal case over 10HKD, call the cops, waste time (theirs and yours) all over 1.5 USD
    but then
    When a kid is arrested and interrogated, then after all the facts come out - some people still perpetuate lies : and you want him to turn the other cheek.

Thats pretty damn cheeky.
    Why would you expect the kid to let it go, the internationally told lies that have damaged his reputation for many years to come while you cant let go the price of 1/2 cup of coffee ?
    jimbo, chuckster007 and rickyross like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Bobinsky:
    Please ask yourself what you would do if your child was smart enough to build his own clock, took it to school to show his teachers, and was arrested and accused of being a terrorist? As a parent, how would that make you feel? Wouldn't you want to sue someone? Wouldn't you want justice for your kid? Wouldn't you want to send a clear message to the school and others that this is not acceptable to put a child through that? 15 million is a ridiculous sum and they probably know they will get no where near that, but it is a large enough number to grab headlines and give it national attention, which is what I suspect they wanted.
    I would want an apology, that's all. And I am sure they already got it. It would never occur to me to ask for 15 million. Thats just laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Durry:
    I would want an apology, that's all. And I am sure they already got it. It would never occur to me to ask for 15 million. Thats just laughable.
    Pain and suffering Pain and suffering. very costly LOL