Turkey shoots down Russian plane

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Turkey shoots down Russian plane

As per the title, just seen on news

Invade Turkey, make them all Alcoholics by forcing them to drink VODKA

World War III coming soon to EU.

Turkey 'shoots down warplane on Syria border' - BBC News

Last edited by wtbhotia; 24-11-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Stupid thing to do. Hasn't noticed how the Russians have replaced ISIS as the bad guys in Syria in the media? You'd think it wasn't about terrorism in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Stupid thing to do. Hasn't noticed how the Russians have replaced ISIS as the bad guys in Syria in the media? You'd think it wasn't about terrorism in the first place.
    Well to be fair Turkey say they gave 10 warnings. Who were the Russians targetting on the border with Turkey, I thought that was in Kurdish hands?

Oh no.......

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I've been seeing too much shit about Thanksgiving and Black Friday that it took a moment...

shri likes this.

Turkey is a member of NATO so any Russian retaliation.......

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Well to be fair Turkey say they gave 10 warnings. Who were the Russians targetting on the border with Turkey, I thought that was in Kurdish hands?
    Precisely. I don't think the Turks are being reckless here. They don't want this shootdown anymore than the Russians. Its not like they enjoy the prospect of a potential crisis with Russia. But the Turks, like any self-respecting nation-state, have a duty to protect their airspace from being violated. And if these Russians are so cavalier about entering Turkish airspace, the Turks will be forced to respond, as they have done here.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 24-11-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Delete-double post

Last edited by Cho-man; 24-11-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Precisely. I don't think the Turks are being reckless here. They don't want this shootdown anymore than the Russians. Its not like they enjoy the prospect of a potential crisis with Russia. But the Turks, like any self-respecting nation-state, have a duty to protect their airspace from being violated. And if these Russians are so cavalier here about entering Turkish airspace, the Turks will be forced to respond, whether they like to or not.
    Russia violates my home countries airspace quite often, but we do not shoot them down despite the fact that I think my home nation is self-respecting.

FYI

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/a...s-provocations
    Last edited by henkka; 24-11-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast