Like Tree12Likes

Clock Boy 2.0

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    This is a direct quote, the kid admitted to making the threat!! You do not, under any circumstance threaten to blow up a school. Not funny at all..

A spokesperson for the Arlington Police force told Al Jazeera on Friday that Saraai allegedly threatened to blow up his school last Thursday and repeated the threat in detail the following day to another student.
    "The other student he was talking to became so frightened that he went to the nurse's office and officers described his demeanour as 'trembling'," Lieutenant Christopher Cook, the spokesman, said.
    "We had to evacuate the classroom consisting of 16 students and a teacher until we determined there was no bomb."
    Cook said the teenager was arrested for making a "terroristic threat".
    Saraai had admitted to making the threat, explaining he was joking, and officers proceeded to arrest him, Cook said.
    Yes I read that. You missed out all the other stuff and added in the word "device" to make it sound more threatening. Worthy of Fox news reporting. Two sides to this story, which is true I doubt we will ever know. An overreaction whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Yes I read that. You missed out all the other stuff and added in the word "device" to make it sound more threatening. Worthy of Fox news reporting. Two sides to this story, which is true I doubt we will ever know. An overreaction whatever.
    It is irrelevant what type of device or wording is used. You walk into school with anything and call it a bomb them I have no sympathy for you. Sorry, that is not a joking matter and frankly I don't need to hear the other side. Don't walk into schools and tell people you have a bomb and you won't be bothered by the police... simple as that.
    Tea addict likes this.

It is irrelevant what type of device or wording is used. You walk into school with anything and call it a bomb them I have no sympathy for you.
    What about taking a clock into the school and *DONT* call it a bomb.
    You seem not to have much sympathy for anything
    Sorry, that is not a joking matter and frankly I don't need to hear the other side. Don't walk into schools and tell people you have a bomb and you won't be bothered by the police... simple as that.
    except, there is this little thing about Kids, due process, parents must be present and whole host of other things that apply to KIDS. Remember kids, they are a bit stupid, have little experience, do really dumb shit sometimes and should be treated slightly differently than bearded old guys....
    shri and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    except, there is this little thing about Kids, due process, parents must be present and whole host of other things that apply to KIDS. Remember kids, they are a bit stupid, have little experience, do really dumb shit sometimes and should be treated slightly differently than bearded old guys....
    if it was an adult doing this he would probably get a jail sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea addict:
    if it was an adult doing this he would probably get a jail sentence.
    As well he should. You mention "bomb" at an airport and you are going to pay for it....

But we treat kids a bit differently, no?

I was a kid once and I don't recall even thinking about bringing a bomb into school. WTF?

Sorry, a teacher and police have to assume the worst when a kid brings something into school and calls it a bomb extreme action should be taken. That is completely out of line behavior and extremely disrupting and frightening to others.

Moral of the story... don't disrupt classrooms with faux bombs. You do that and you won't have to worry.

As well he should. You mention "bomb" at an airport and you are going to pay for it....

But we treat kids a bit differently, no?
    He was treated differently. He didn't get a jail sentence.
    Open Casket likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea addict:
    He was treated differently. He didn't get a jail sentence.
    You must be patient, HC is a bit slow

If he actually make a bomb threat he's a bit dumb. But he's still a kid. Kids do dumb stuff. That's why they are supposedly looked after by adults in school. This still seem like an over reaction to me. In my school I would have got a detention not 3nights in jail!

I was a kid once and I don't recall even thinking about bringing a bomb into school. WTF?
    Neither did he.
    Moral of the story... don't disrupt classrooms with faux bombs. You do that and you won't have to worry.
    There was no bomb, faux or otherwise.

Clock boy had a clock and never claimed it was a bomb.
    This one had a backpack and this one used speech to scare his classmates.
    It both cases, it would have been quick and trivial to figure out there is no threat - but no, in both cases, supposedly mature and level headed adults went nuts and trampled all over themselves and existing laws&guidelines trying to vilify and punish children.

And we have the likes of you, losing all sense of appropriateness, cheering them on.

In Texas, the age of criminal responsibility is 17. You clearly feel 13 is a much more appropriate number. Would you like go go lower?
    Should we jail 10 year olds for making "terroristic threats" by bringing clocks and backpacks into the schools? Or should we reserve that only for 10 year old brown kids? What about interrogation without their parents present?
    6?
    5?
    Should we suspend all laws, laws that stipulate KIDS get different treatment just because....Oh, I forgot, "terror". Because "terror", all bets are off, all reason goes out the window.

hullexile likes this.