Like Tree4Likes

Honest qustion: Do countries give reason when they refuse visitors?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Honest qustion: Do countries give reason when they refuse visitors?

As the title said. All these times I think that every countries have their rights to refuse any visitors and do not have to tell the reason. Reading the posts on another thread it looks like that my thinking is not a correct one.

So, lets assume that it is incorrect. Could anyone give examples of occasion some country reject visitor and the reason for it. May be start with your home country which should be the easiest.

Please note the plurals to indicate that giving reasons is the norm not the exception.

Oh, forget to the other side. So, if there is other who think the same way as I thank before and have some examples then please give the examples here. Of course the examples are not for USA, if it is NOT obvious enough.

Gary Glitter was refused entry to Hong Kong, although I'm not sure if the exact reason was given. BBC NEWS | UK | Glitter refused Hong Kong entry

Cat Stevens was refused entry to the US on 'national security grounds'.
    BBC NEWS | Americas | Cat Stevens refused entry to US

Quote Originally Posted by mobtrio:
    Honest qustion:
    I wonder, what would be a dishonest question?
    Stoob likes this.

In 97 after the handover, I applied for a China Tourist visa with a BNO passport, a few days later I got my passport back with the Visa in it but on top of the visa was stamped "CANCELLED", no explanation what so ever and no visa fee refund the feckers LOL

P.S. it wasnt my 1st time applying for a China Tourist Visa, previous times no problems at ALL.

Last edited by wtbhotia; 23-12-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Nick Clegg is banned from Russia.

Yes mainland Chinese are often barred entry to Hong Kong and no reason is given !

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I wonder, what would be a dishonest question?
    Not sure. I just want to make sure that posters here do not think it is a kind of trick thread to somehow blatantly defend USA for for something that universally accepted an act of 'not-so-good' nation.

I said I thank that what USA does is correct. I am not sure now. I want examples to decide. Looking on how passionate the 'other' thread I assume posters have a real evidence to support their views, whichever side it is. Right? Is it clear enough?

I feel you are starting from a wrong assumption. No one I don't think is arguing oh America is so bad because of this. I am sure it happens worldwide and I think it is wrong that people should be denied entry with no reason given. The Americans do seem to be very hot on this though which is why they get the publicity. People expect it of dictatorships like China.

Has anyone seen the David Walliams sketches as Chief Immigration Officer at a UK airport? Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I feel you are starting from a wrong assumption. No one I don't think is arguing oh America is so bad because of this. I am sure it happens worldwide and I think it is wrong that people should be denied entry with no reason given. The Americans do seem to be very hot on this though which is why they get the publicity. People expect it of dictatorships like China.

Has anyone seen the David Walliams sketches as Chief Immigration Officer at a UK airport? Hilarious.
    Thanks Hull, as before, you provide me the link between my thinking and debate in this forum.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly. So, what you said is that every (okay almost every) countries do the same thing like USA, deny entry to their visitor without the need to give reason (meaning they can give but they can also not give reason). Is ii correct?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast