Like Tree115Likes

Cologne police chief steps down

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    I read he got fired or more politely "'in einstweiligen Ruhestand versetzt ' ( temporary retirement ) by the interior minister of North Rhine-Westphalia.
    What is a bit unclear, is the reason why the police chief got sacked. I've read from several sources that he was let go for intentionally withholding or covering up information.

Police chief in Cologne, Germany, is fired amid criticism tied to assaults on women - LA Times

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Interesting What's the figures for rape and sexual assault by asylum seekers in other western European countries . ?
    I guess it shouldn't be too alarming :
    After all you let one million young unemployable undocumented men with a medieval mind set loose into a liberal free western society what could possibly go wrong ?
    So let's go through this.
    1 million men. False
    1 million unemployable. False
    Undocumented. False
    Medieval mindset. False
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    I read he got fired or more politely "'in einstweiligen Ruhestand versetzt ' ( temporary retirement ) by the interior minister of North Rhine-Westphalia.
    exactly, they have not got this straight and they don,t know anything about the context of the arm length statement.
    Last edited by Morrison; 09-01-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    It just shows what an uninformed agitator you are.

The mayor is in office since a couple of weeks ago, having just survived a knife attack to the throat.

But, hey, you would have done a better job in her shoes.
    And that knife attack was by a German anti-immigrant. Strange that does not get the same outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And that knife attack was by a German anti-immigrant. Strange that does not get the same outrage.
    I'm outraged : they should go after the guy that did it and any of his right wing accomplices and jail them :
    Lord Dashwood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Typically lone attacks don't draw the same attention & outrage as events with multiple attackers & multiple victims.

You see this commonly in the US, a lone shooter murder barely makes the news, but when multiple victims are involved it gets A LOT more attention and outrage.

Original Post Deleted
    Very good. Same with lone rapes, sexual assaults & other crimes. Multiple assailants and multiple victims is far more rare & newsworthy.

Original Post Deleted
    Perhaps Fox news could have a murder ticker rolling along the bottom of the screen.

As for he incidents in Germany. Very little data to be able to comment objectively, although all countries that absorb large quantities of immigrants need to be very switched on about integration otherwise they will end up with gangs of disenfranchised young men roaming the streets.
    bookblogger, TheBrit and Mat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    I'm outraged : they should go after the guy that did it and any of his right wing accomplices and jail them :
    Outraged because of that guy ?

hohoho, google NSU murders. Sumting that never got mentioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    Typically lone attacks don't draw the same attention & outrage as events with multiple attackers & multiple victims.

You see this commonly in the US, a lone shooter murder barely makes the news, but when multiple victims are involved it gets A LOT more attention and outrage.
    A lone attacker attempting to kill a major city mayor? I think that might make the news.
    Mat likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast