Like Tree39Likes

Brits banning Trump?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Slippery slope here. The basis of banning Trump is because he is deemed to have said reprehensible things. No controversy so far. But is it always so clear in all cases?
    No banning people for what they have said is not new in the UK.
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And yet, the headaches that we get for banning people on the forums because of what they've said.

"You f'ing commies..." thats what they tell us.
    hullexile and Mat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    And yet, the headaches that we get for banning people on the forums because of what they've said.

"You f'ing commies..." thats what they tell us.
    Looking at the list most seem to be Americans though there was one Canadian. I am talking about the UK btw. Noticed HK's favourite Mugabe is on the list.

Of course Trump should be allowed in...anyone who signed that petition should forfeit their right to free speech in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    Of course Trump should be allowed in....
    Should UK also allow in Yusuf al-Qaradawi?
    How-bout USA allowing Mohammad Tariq Mahmood and Ajmal Masroor in too ?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And what if the UK bans someone who is liberal or progressive? Impossible? What makes you so confident? In both cases, they are banning someone for what they said and their political affiliation. A slippery slope, like I said. Trump clearly is an egghead. But other people who said controversial things may not be. Just because someone is a contrarian does not mean he is automatically wrong. Banning someone because they are unpopular is unbecoming for a state that deems itself to be democratic.

Tell you what....2017 will come and that's the last we will hear of Trump. So you can ban him all you want, end of the day, he is done by 2017. He will go back to managing his business and making stupid comments here and there and that's about it.

America is an educated nation, they cannot, shall not and will not elect Trump.

Last edited by Mat; 18-01-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    And what if the UK bans someone who is liberal or progressive? Impossible? What makes you so confident? In both cases, they are banning someone for what they said and their political affiliation. A slippery slope, like I said. Trump clearly is an egghead. But other people who said controversial things may not be. Just because someone is a contrarian does not mean he is automatically wrong. Banning someone because they are unpopular is unbecoming for a state that deems itself to be democratic.
    Where did I say I was so confident? Where did I mention liberals? All I said was it was not a slippery slope because we have been on this slope for a long time. Does Canada not reserve the right to refuse entry?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Should UK also allow in Yusuf al-Qaradawi?
    How-bout USA allowing Mohammad Tariq Mahmood and Ajmal Masroor in too ?
    Let the elected representatives of the people make the decision, or in our case, the benevolent dictators.

Surely you cannot give the power to make serious decisions to the marses!

(But I can see what you're trying to do .... polarise and force a statement that will please no one. Hope you can see what I'm trying to do at the same time.)
    Mat, Cho-man and Lord Dashwood like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    (But I can see what you're trying to do .... polarise and force a statement that will please no one. Hope you can see what I'm trying to do at the same time.)
    To be explicit, I'm trying to get the few racists among us (yes, yes, Islam is not a race) to pipe up and say "But those other guys are arabs...and Trump is an upstanding whitey" or some other such nonsense.

Whats good for the goose is good for the Donald. Ban him from the EU for spreading hate speech!
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 18-01-2016 at 05:42 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast