Like Tree66Likes

Hillsborough - unlawful killing decision

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I'd find it very hard to believe that alcohol wasnt involved prior to getting to the ground, especially considering the era. Who honestly believes that...Dutch courage and all that.

2 and a half decades later they conclude a complete about face finding. The video footage looked pretty damning at the time.

Can you remember what you did this time, 26 years ago , acurately ?

A lot easier to garner compensation from one large source than multiple individuals, I suppose.

Not you as well Skyhook.

Did you do a Dashwood and spout off without reading the findings?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I'd find it very hard to believe that alcohol wasnt involved prior to getting to the ground, especially considering the era. Who honestly believes that...Dutch courage and all that.

2 and a half decades later they conclude a complete about face finding. The video footage looked pretty damning at the time.

A lot easier to garner compensation from one large source than multiple individuals, I suppose.
    Yes we always had a beer before going but that does not mean they were drunk. If you went to large football matches you would know having too many beers then being in a large crowd with limited toilets is a bad idea.

It does not make them thugs or louts.

Yes there was a big crowd trying to get through limited turnstiles. It does not make them thugs or louts.

I would suggest a google of the front pages of the Sun to see how the lies unravelled. They start with ticketless thugs deliberately causing the crush and drunken yobs attacking police. Then you get the real horror stories of thugs attacking the medics and urinating on police. Then you get the apology saying the police lied to cove up. Some people only seem to have read the first stories.

Were you in the UK at the time Skyhook?
    Last edited by hullexile; 27-04-2016 at 08:41 AM.
    jimbo and drumbrake like this.

@hullexile

I think guys like Dashwood and Skyhook tend to believe what they read in the Murdoch rags.

Notice that the Sun and The Times makes no mention of the verdict on the front pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:

You also suggest that this was only reversed after 26 years whereas, if you knew anything about this, youbwould know that the lies started to unravel almost immediately. It makes me think you know nothing about it and are just defending your mate.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    @hullexile

I think guys like Dashwood and Skyhook tend to believe what they read in the Murdoch rags.

Notice that the Sun and The Times makes no mention of the verdict on the front pages.

Surprise surprise. The Murdoch press is the lowest form of scum.

It's great that the truth is finally out and blame has been apportioned correctly. It's great for families of those victims.

That having been said, it always baffles me how sensitive the whole city of Liverpool and all Liverpool fans in general get about this. The only people who should feel like victims are indeed the victims and their immediate family.

There have been so many instances of stadium deaths (Heysel, Bradford, etc), people mourned, people grieved, people moved on.

It's like the whole Liverpool culture is in stasis all because of the 96 deaths. I've never really understood it.

Skyhook likes this.

@Ehiogu

Liverpudlians are a very close knit community,
    Even to the extreme of when they say we're not English we're scousers.

The Murdoch rags tarred them all with the same brush with lies perpetuated by the police to cover there own backs because they made obvious mistakes.

If this happened to say a club like Man Utd or Villa they'd feel the same way too.

Bradford was a fire and there was no cover up by the police and government thus you can't compare.

Your children go to a football match and you expect them to come home safe. That's a fair enough expectation

Yes I agree with all of that. But that affects a very small number of Liverpudlians. I know of Liverpool fans here in HK who haven't even visited Anfield who get emotional just at the talk of the disaster. It's an unhealthy obsession for 99% of them. The other 1% I fully understand.

Natfixit and Skyhook like this.

Bradford made me sad, Hillsborough made me angry. The establishment (government, police, media) closed ranks and lied to shift the blame. The people of Liverpool have been fighting for the truth ever since and so could not let it lie until now.

The sad thing is that the original establishment smear campaign still works on some, rather like those parents who still do not let their kids have the MMR jab because it causes autism despite that having been proven to be a lie.

Natfixit and HK_Katherine like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast