Like Tree459Likes

Duterte

Closed Thread
Page 32 of 98 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Both the UK and the EU have just issued statements saying they are keen to build greater trade links, other countries have done likewise. So, many governments are onside - the Japanese are I think in love with him .
    Sure...let see next time around when Angela comes and he calls her a fat cow or Holland a soft penis...we will see where his investments go.

It's even Obama we're talking about, not, say, Bush. There's just no professionalism to childish name calling like that. Obama was quoted as saying he knows he's a "colorful guy", so at least he's taking it in jest...

But all of the Filipino people defending this are... Well, hurting their reputation and my impression about their common sense. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Done as if he pisses off way to much powerful nation what do you think it's gonna happen to his investments...and all the economic development that goes with it ...and all the money they comes with it...

Not done, as dead or killed - we are talking about developed nations not some far flung underdeveloped countries here.

Hull - with all due respect and even if you constantly say you are not biased and you try to look at the man objectively. I don't think you do. He may be doing great things to the PH...but calling the President of the USA a Son of a Bitch...there are just no excuses or justification for it. So let's not even try.
    Not much US investment. Almost no US government investment. Private sector won't stop unless the US gov bans them! Plenty of basket case countries still getting investment let alone a country as relatively safe and stable as Phils.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    It's even Obama we're talking about, not, say, Bush. There's just no professionalism to childish name calling like that. Obama was quoted as saying he knows he's a "colorful guy", so at least he's taking it in jest...

But all of the Filipino people defending this are... Well, hurting their reputation and my impression about their common sense. :/
    I'm not a Philippine national but I don't find it hard to understand his support base. And if the US gets upset after some of the statements made by its own homegrown assholes... geez seriously guys... greenhouses and stones ?!?!

If Duterte's main goal is to build infrastructure for eventual economic growth, then he could just be putting on a show with Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Not much US investment. Almost no US government investment. Private sector won't stop unless the US gov bans them! Plenty of basket case countries still getting investment let alone a country as relatively safe and stable as Phils.
    NOT MY POINT.....

Think I was clear...you do that with the US (who has one of the "softest" president somehow)...then let see when you do with the other countries (and Businesses...)

I can you son of a bitch...let see if you deal with me and my $ afterwards.

Maybe storm in a tea cup (I hope for him and the PH) or just the tip of the Iceberg and the fact that he shows no control...will eventually play against him (and his country).

It was a very stupid move and am surprised some try to say something else.

Done as if he pisses off way to much powerful nation what do you think it's gonna happen to his investments...and all the economic development that goes with it ...and all the money they comes with it...

Not done, as dead or killed - we are talking about developed nations not some far flung underdeveloped countries here.

Hull - with all due respect and even if you constantly say you are not biased and you try to look at the man objectively. I don't think you do. He may be doing great things to the PH...but calling the President of the USA a Son of a Bitch...there are just no excuses or justification for it. So let's not even try.
    The investments will keep flooding in as long as there is money to be made. You know that as well as I do. Run a few protesters over with tanks, no problem. Imprison dissidents, fine.

As far as I am aware the only foreign people he has insulted are the Pope, the US ambasador who campaigned against him against all protocol, the UN who also broke protocol for not speaking to him, Obama just because he is American, and the Australian Ambassador for also "intefering". The Chinese, Japanese, etc etc he fawns over.

Fine. Got it.

NOT MY POINT.....

Think I was clear...you do that with the US (who has one of the "softest" president somehow)...then let see when you do with the other countries (and Businesses...)

I can you son of a bitch...let see if you deal with me and my $ afterwards.

Maybe storm in a tea cup (I hope for him and the PH) or just the tip of the Iceberg and the fact that he shows no control...will eventually play against him (and his country).

It was a very stupid move and am surprised some try to say something else.
    I understand that "statesmen" are not supposed to show their actual thoughts but honestly - the US was being stupid as well and got called out. Perhaps there are politer ways to call out the USA but the fact that Duterte says what he thinks (or even before he thinks LOL) is not such a bad trait in a politician imho. I kind of like the idea of politicians saying what they actually think rather than saying what they think will get most votes... If a few more people stopped prancing around and actually got down to reality perhaps these meetings might achieve something!

@hullexile - press the red button if you think that the word Stockholm applies to you.

Closed Thread
Page 32 of 98 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast