Like Tree459Likes

Duterte

Mat

Hullexile - I know you are in semi retirement but you should really ring the guy and get the "spoke person" job. :-)

shri and Tom007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    On another of your wild claims, several of his allies have been arrested including someone who funded his campaign.

This is the problem, plenty of accusations in the media but not matching the facts.

Some classics I have seen recently:

"He has publicly admitted his campaign was funded by the Chinese". This is against the constitution and had he done this he would have been impeached in minutes.

"He is an alcoholic". Evidence? Apparently the fact he suffers from migraines is proof.
    Have you really lost it that badly Hull? What wild claims? None here. Unbelievable. So people have been ARRESTED. That is different to being KILLED. I have never seen such utter worship of anyone ever. You seem to get upset at the merest mention that your hero is not all you want him to be.

Trey Menefee has a good article here:

Duterte’s Long Game in Four Scenarios – Comparativist

Tom007 and huja like this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts
    Some more, insane...
    Wow, hadn't seen those quotes.
    Yes, absolutely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by higgssinglet
    He is just one of the many tyrant politician, eventually they will all be nuked.
    Tyrants are people who rule without being voted into power. duterte was voted in with a huge majority and remains extremely popular within Philippines. It's mainly foreigners who find this all problematic .

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    Hullexile - I know you are in semi retirement but you should really ring the guy and get the "spoke person" job. :-)
    That has to be the most impossible job in the world. I will keep going though because of the utter tripe out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay
    Have you really lost it that badly Hull? What wild claims? None here. Unbelievable. So people have been ARRESTED. That is different to being KILLED. I have never seen such utter worship of anyone ever. You seem to get upset at the merest mention that your hero is not all you want him to be.
    He is not targetting the rich or celebrities
    There is no investigation of the killings
    He is a dictator in the Latin American style.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Not sure I understood all of them

How about scenario 5.

(Google the Meiring incident if you don't know about this).

There were a series of bomb attacks in Davao (his city) in 2002 blamed on the Abu Sayyaf. A bomb exploded in the hotel bedroom of an American tourist badly wounding him.

A lot of bomb making equipment was found in his room.

The tourist, Meiring, was snatched from his hospital room and secretly taken to America.

America has never explained or apologised for setting in off bombs in a friendly city. The CIA at its best.

He has a serious hatred and distrust of the American government ever since.