Like Tree43Likes

Worst Cities in the World?

Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,637
    Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    not sure about taichung

    but kaohsung and kenting area were quite nice places in taiwan, very comparable to taipei, apart from the bizarre koisk that sells only betlenuts and cigarette, nothing that much bad about these places, the cleanliness is also much much better than some parts of shenzhen or bangkok, as well as the fact there don't seem to many shady/dodgy areas in these places unlike shenzhen or bangkok
    Definitely safer and less crowded, but neither Taichung nor Kaoshung are anything to look at. The bettlenut girls in the neon cages seem to be a thing of the past. Rare to see those these days.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by huja
    He does come across as a pompous ass with a "Let them eat cake," take on the world.
    One thing is for sure. He's unlikely ever to say anything unflattering about any city in Cuba.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,344
    Quote Originally Posted by huja
    Definitely safer and less crowded, but neither Taichung nor Kaoshung are anything to look at. The bettlenut girls in the neon cages seem to be a thing of the past. Rare to see those these days.
    i seen the betlenut kiosk with pretty girls only in 2011!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betel_nut_beauty

    Kaohsiung is okay interesting, a few tourist places, but it does have quite a few decent places to eat

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    i seen the betlenut kiosk with pretty girls only in 2011!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betel_nut_beauty

    Kaohsiung is okay interesting, a few tourist places, but it does have quite a few decent places to eat
    Sluts with Nuts!

    Major branding opportunity fail.
    Open Casket and civil_servant like this.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinch
    Sluts with Nuts!

    Major branding opportunity fail.
    That could work well in BKK too...
    Kinch likes this.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket
    That could work well in BKK too...
    Accurate description of more than a few hair salons in Bangkok, not just dodgy nightspots.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinch
    Sluts with Nuts!

    Major branding opportunity fail.
    man, you better be careful what you say, if this brand reaches thailand, you will get ladyboys instead of narcotics ..

    btw, i don't think they are prostitutes (betle nuts in taiwan)
    Kinch likes this.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    btw, i don't think they are prostitutes (betle nuts in taiwan)
    Hell no. Heaven forbid the thought!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cheyenne_Social_Club

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    4,163
    Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    i seen the betlenut kiosk with pretty girls only in 2011!
    They are still there, I was in Taipei last year and saw quite a few of these stalls with pretty girls
    imparanoic likes this.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,344
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    They are still there, I was in Taipei last year and saw quite a few of these stalls with pretty girls
    but it's rare in taipei, crackdown for the last few years

    but in south taiwan, plenty of them, nice eye candy, also other things which are illegal in taipei but common in south taiwan, car with modified rear lights,with blue, green and yellow lights, even blue indicator lights, but never in taipei
    chuckster007 likes this.

Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast