Like Tree43Likes

Worst Cities in the World?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    not sure about taichung

but kaohsung and kenting area were quite nice places in taiwan, very comparable to taipei, apart from the bizarre koisk that sells only betlenuts and cigarette, nothing that much bad about these places, the cleanliness is also much much better than some parts of shenzhen or bangkok, as well as the fact there don't seem to many shady/dodgy areas in these places unlike shenzhen or bangkok
    Lots of dodgy places in Taiwan too. Gangsters everywhere. Nonetheless, one of the most underrated places to visit. Beautiful country with plenty to see and good affordable food everywhere. Kenting is indeed nice. However, cities, they don't do well.
    Last edited by civil_servant; 11-05-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nagernager
    Lots of dodgy places in Taiwan too. Gangsters everywhere. Nonetheless, one of the most underrated places to visit. Beautiful country with plenty to see. Kenting is indeed nice. However, cities, they don't do well.
    well, taiwan is a bit backwards, well, out of the other asian tigers countries, taiwan has been left out compared to others

yes, there are taiwanese triads, but like hk, how many triad related deaths per annum? 2-3 per a year, there is more child gun deaths in the states on weekly basis than triad related deaths per year in hk or taiwan

Caracas, Cape Town, Mogadishu for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bunko8
    Caracas, . . .
    Venezuela is getting worse by the minute. Sadly has nothing to do with natural disaster or conflicts . . . just misguided and economy-destroying Chavez-ism.

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...-apart/481755/
    Last edited by huja; 20-05-2016 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huja
    Venezuela is getting worse by the minute. Sadly has nothing to do with natural disaster or conflicts . . . just misguided and economy-destroying Chavez-ism.

Venezuela Is Falling Apart - The Atlantic

Trouble on the streets | The Economist

I can't believe Manila is not on the list. Hellhole. There were plans to shift the capital up to the new city being built in Clark before Manila collapses.

robertlempriere likes this.

I thought that Puerto gallera was set up to be the summer capital?

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    I thought that Puerto gallera was set up to be the summer capital?
    Baguio is the official summer presidential residence.

The capital seems to be shifting to Davao anyway as the new president (who wants to be called Mayor not president) is making everyone foreign or domestic travel there to see him.

Does that mean that the mayor is now obliged to take calls from Cy? Sorry for the tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Does that mean that the mayor is now obliged to take calls from Cy? Sorry for the tangent.
    I love a tangent as you know. Not until July 1st. It would have to be at night, Duterte works at night. If the hijacking had happened under Duterte then action would have been taken much quicker with a better outcome I expect - though if CY had called he would probably have been told "fuck off I'm busy sorting it".
    shri likes this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast