Like Tree43Likes

Worst Cities in the World?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Venezuela is getting worse by the minute. Sadly has nothing to do with natural disaster or conflicts . . . just misguided and economy-destroying Chavez-ism.

Venezuela Is Falling Apart - The Atlantic

So sad.

The Empty Cupboards of Venezuela's Families - The Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I can't believe Manila is not on the list. Hellhole. There were plans to shift the capital up to the new city being built in Clark before Manila collapses.
    I would rather live in Manila than Caracas, Cape Town or Mogadishu.
    A few here even suggested some cities in Taiwan should be on the list. Not sure what they're smoking, but it's cheap & ain't good.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Venezuela is getting worse by the minute. Sadly has nothing to do with natural disaster or conflicts . . . just misguided and economy-destroying Chavez-ism.

Venezuela Is Falling Apart - The Atlantic
    Devendra Banhart Hosting Downtown Concert Thursday To Benefit Venezuelan Hospitals: LAist

Athens, Greece well on its way to becoming (one of) the worst city (cities) in Europe . . .

IMF says Greece's unemployment rate won't return to normal until 2060.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bunko8:
    I would rather live in Manila than Caracas, Cape Town or Mogadishu.
    A few here even suggested some cities in Taiwan should be on the list. Not sure what they're smoking, but it's cheap & ain't good.
    Can't see how Cape Town is a shithole - I love that place!

Cape Town is lovely. Spent a week of our honeymoon in and around Cape Town - would love to visit again sometime.

Stu79 likes this.

I was gonna pull that poster up on Cape Town too.

It's a beautiful city.

Stu79 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I was gonna pull that poster up on Cape Town too.
    It's a beautiful city.
    Its a lovely city-but it does have a few very crappy corners that most tourists (nor residents) get to see.
    Improbable Neighbors - How the world's biggest cities coexist with the biggest slums | RealBuildr

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Its a lovely city-but it does have a few very crappy corners that most tourists (nor residents) get to see.
    Improbable Neighbors - How the world's biggest cities coexist with the biggest slums | RealBuildr
    Well of course there are shanty towns all over South Africa. Still shouldn't be on any 'worst cities in the world' shortlist though.
    HowardCoombs and Stu79 like this.

In those days Nicaragua, one of the poorest countries in the hemisphere, had a plausible excuse for its woes — and those unsightly bank notes. The ruling Sandinistas were at war, battling the U.S.-backed Contra rebels, and faced a U.S. trade embargo.

What's Venezuela's excuse? It's home to the world's largest oil deposits and — despite Maduro's regular warnings of an imminent U.S. invasion — is at peace.
    In Veneuela, Inflation And Shortages Make For Absurd Shopping : Parallels : NPR

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast