Like Tree34Likes

Egyptair Flight Missing

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Trying to stay on topic before the normal racists get the thread closed....

It appears the plane made two sharp turns, one 90 degrees and the other 360 degrees before falling quickly. Doesn't sound like a bomb. Hijackers? Still a possibility it was technical.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    It appears the plane made two sharp turns, one 90 degrees and the other 360 degrees before falling quickly. Doesn't sound like a bomb. Hijackers? Still a possibility it was technical.

Original Post Deleted
    Greeks say it is not and Egyptair have retracted the claim

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    The plane took off from Paris ..... I don't understand your confusion? It's not like Islamic terrorism and Paris are incongruent
    All I am saying is that it could have been technical, or the result of terrorism.

It is very sad for the families of those involved in the fatal crash.

But the rolling news channels that gorge themselves on the irrational fears of viewers stoking up interest and having guest experts with low quality musings on the causes of a traffic accident really should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Can commercial airliners make sharp turns like that?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    It is very sad for the families of those involved in the fatal crash.

But the rolling news channels that gorge themselves on the irrational fears of viewers stoking up interest and having guest experts with low quality musings on the causes of a traffic accident really should be ashamed of themselves.

No informed person doubts that flying with first world airlines is far safer than crossing the road or driving down to the corner store.

I fully agree that hyping mechanical failure and pilot error airline deaths is just vulgar news mongering.

But how about plotting us another graph of violence-caused commercial aviation passenger deaths excluding mechanical faults and pilot error. In fact there would be scope for even more creative graphics showing the various affiliations and nationalities of the perpetrators, so that we could check each groups' bodycounts to find a winner. And yes, you could make a nice big blob for the USS Vincennes if that helped motivate the job
    Last edited by Kinch; 20-05-2016 at 05:48 PM.
    Open Casket likes this.

Reports on the BBC that smoke was detected in a toilet then over 3 minutes elsewhere and the systems shut down. To me, and I admit I know sod all, that sounds not to be a bomb.

Looks like it was a fire, perhaps in the avionics bay.

The turns the plane made are apparently standard procedure for trying to make a rapid descent.