Like Tree22Likes

Obama in Vietnam

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Obama in Vietnam

I might not agree with all of Obama's politics, but as an American he does make me proud.
    If he could run for a third term, he'd win in a landslide.

I love the fact he stopped in for pork soup & a Hanoi beer.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-dro...045136726.html

A nice gesture to all the local people.

Agree it was a good gesture though it would be diplomatically embarrassing if he got the shits

civil_servant likes this.

For the record...bun cha is not a soup. It's grilled pork in a sweet/sour/salty fish sauce that you add rice noodles to. Herbs added to the bowl, and spring rolls are often dipped into the sauce too. OK now I'm drooling...

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 25-05-2016 at 03:06 AM.
    chuckster007 and rickyross like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    For the record...bun cha is not a soup. It's grilled pork in a sweet/sour/salty fish sauce that you add rice noodles to. Herbs added to the bowl, and spring rolls are often dipped into the sauce too. OK now I'm drooling...
    Thanks for clearing that all important point up I just assumed he had sort of Pho..

Im glad he drank a Hanoi beer, far better than Tiger or 333.

I look forward to hearing Obama's speech in Hiroshima- it should be a good one.

Quite the contrast with a certain high ranking official that visited Hong Kong a week or so ago...

hullexile likes this.

I beg to differ...333 and Truc Bach are better than all of the Saigon beers!

Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    as an American he does make me proud.
    If he could run for a third term, he'd win in a landslide.
    Even as a non-American, he makes me proud. Always felt he was a stand-up guy, but watching and listening to him recently on Running Wild with Bear Grylls made me sad and worried about what happens next when he steps down from Presidency. I don't at all understand American (or any other country's) political system, but I think to myself: "why can't he appoint someone who thinks like him to run for next president???"

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I beg to differ...333 and Truc Bach are better than all of the Saigon beers!
    Truc Bach? Don't think I've seen that one.... My favorite Vietnam beers are in this order....

Larue....great for those long, bumpy rides in the taxi
    Saigon Special....perfect for washing down Pho in the evenings
    Huda.....mostly seen in HCMC
    Saigon Red....its better than the green
    Hanoi Beer...always served too warm on Veitnam Airlines, but not a bad beer if you can ever find a cold one
    Tiger Beer...I consider that more of an Asian beer, but its found all over Vietnam. Nothing special
    333.....only as a last resort

Carlsberg and Heineken....please get out of asia...

Fresh 333 beats all of the above IMO. I'd still drink any of the beers you listed with you though. Drinking a Kirin now!

Open Casket likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast