Like Tree20Likes

The Greatest has just died

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Greatest has just died

Breaking news on BBC. Muhammad Ali: Boxing legend dies at age of 74 - BBC News

Big loss.
    I'm really surprised he lasted this long with that horrible debilitating disease.

RIP

RIP, to the legend!

He shook up the world. He shook up the world. Can you name a bigger 20th century sports figure? I can't. Sigh.

RIP

2016 can go to hell.

The No.1 boxer and sporting personality at a time when boxing was a truly big sport. Remember watching his fights with my Dad, part of my childhood memories. RIP

Skyhook and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:
    The No.1 boxer and sporting personality at a time when boxing was a truly big sport. Remember watching his fights with my Dad, part of my childhood memories. RIP
    Me2.
    Since we lived on the other side of the world, I remember my dad waking me up at ungodly hours just to watch the fights.
    Ern and East_coast like this.

Mohammad Ali, was an absolute fave to watch during interviews during the 70's. Although I never saw him fight, as my dad had zero interest in boxing.

During my childhood, the man that, floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee, visited Australia, quite a few times, thanks to, Don Lane ( aka the lanky yank) and Burt Newton. Always loved interviews with, Ali on Parkinson etc as you never new where the interview was going to go.

For me, it was around the time when colour television arrived, making it easy to remember such a larger than life personality.

RIP big fella

Last edited by Skyhook; 04-06-2016 at 02:08 PM.
    Ern likes this.

As a sports photographer, I have to mention that he may have been the most photogenic athlete of all time. The camera loved him. He was on film what gods are in myth.

http://www.si.com/boxing/2016/06/04/...ali-death-obit

Last edited by huja; 04-06-2016 at 02:24 PM.
    Ern and HowardCoombs like this.

2016 is turning out to be a real shit year in terms of losses of some very famous people.

RIP.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast