Like Tree12Likes

Albinos being hunted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TigerSun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bunko8
    Thought we were out of the Dark Ages?
    I see no evidence of that.

As long as millions are still practicing Sharia Law and being ruled by religious leaders .....we are still in the dark ages

TigerSun and mrdollars like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket
    As long as millions are still practicing Sharia Law and being ruled by religious leaders .....we are still in the dark ages
    And as long as religions like Christianity allow dogma like: "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" believed and practiced in predominately Christian countries like Malawi and other Africa countries.

And hinduism and buddhism and whatever else involves bowing down to godly figures with funny colored skin and weird hair .. (I'm thinking of the hindu god shiva..)

TigerSun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    And as long as religions like Christianity allow dogma like: "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" believed and practiced in predominately Christian countries like Malawi and other Africa countries.
    As long as corrupt governments steal money that should be providing education, as long as Western countries prefer selling arms to corrupt governments and owning oil reserves over pressuring and supporting change that will educate people, we are still in the dark ages.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it
    hullexile and TigerSun like this.

Nep

Are there albino animals as well?

If yes...I would not mind trying to have a bite of that!

Ex Africa Semper Aliquid Novi.

BTW this regression to primitivism is happening in other parts of Sub-Saharan Africa too. Don't think that it's just Malawi where Albino body parts have been returned to the pharmacopoeia.

I seem to recall raising this issue as an illustrative point some time back and being howled down.

I wonder if Paul Theroux in his dotage is still proud of himself for having laughed at Hastings Banda who, whilst far from perfect, made some effort to drag his country into the civilised world.

@TigerSun, did you even read the article? It states clearly that Albino body parts are highly sought after by witch doctors. Perhaps more Christian missionaries would reduce the Albino death toll and solve a few other problems at the same time. Somehow I doubt that bombing the poor benighted natives with the collected works of Jeremy Bentham would do much to help.

Progressives aren't interested in solving anything in the real world -- merely in seeming virtuous to others and feeling warm happy thoughts about themselves. To avoid thinking forbidden thoughts, the immediate 'but some other religion does this' or 'but x whitey did that' reactions kick in. Meanwhile, bbq albino stays on the menu.

This ends this Kinch Drive-by. Nothing further to add as the usual suspects will just call me a racist and raise straw men and various other tu quoques.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinch
    ,...did you even read the article? It states clearly that Albino body parts are highly sought after by witch doctors.
    Of course they are hunted by witch doctors. Because witchcraft is an accepted practice and people actually believe in sorcery as part of their native and imported religions.

The abuse includes, violence, mutilations and discrimination of albinos across the board - based on superstition. See the connection?
    Last edited by TigerSun; 08-06-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinch
    This ends this Kinch Drive-by. Nothing further to add as the usual suspects will just call me a racist and raise straw men and various other tu quoques.
    Or they will just ignore you as you are kooky, a bit loopy and it takes far too much effort to read your missives. I suggest you take some language lessons from the great Drumpf - he seems to have perfected the art of simplicity.
    Wall is good. Hillary bad, really bad.
    shri and civil_servant like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast