Like Tree239Likes

Terror attack at Orlando gay club Pulse leaves about 50 people dead

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Certainly, when I was learning about religions in school, I was taught that there were 5 major (or "great") religions - Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism, Bhuddism..
    Google "Great Religions" and you will see nothing has changed.

Much of this is just timing and context. Which changes on a dime.
    Who argues that point? As I've said before, I completely disagree with you because your, 'wait for change', idea does nothing for the people who are dying now.

Further, Islamic terrorism has always existed...it's now on our radar because it's happening in western countries and the gatekeepers have let the enemy in...
    Kinch likes this.

Certainly, when I was learning about religions in school, I was taught that there were 5 major (or "great") religions - Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism, Bhuddism.

OK - that was nearly 40 years ago and views have changed since. But back then using that as a phrase was perfectly acceptable. You guys only hate it these days because of the link to terrorism. But when I was growing up, if asked "what religion are terrorists" I would have unhesitatingly replied "Catholic". Because the IRA were the only terrorists we knew.

Much of this is just timing and context. Which changes on a dime.
    The IRA were nothing to do with the Catholic religion. They were not true Catholics.

The Inquisition was nothing to do with the Catholic religion. They were not true Catholics.

The Crusades were nothing to do with Christianity. They were not true Christians.
    Lord Dashwood likes this.

These kinds of events really freak out Progressives. For them there is no objective good or evil. There are only oppressors and the oppressed. Also they have a somewhat clearly defined (but can be unpredictably fluid in times of stress) hierarchy of Victim classes. Obviously the only people who can never be oppressed or members of a victim class are white males.

Where it gets confusing is when a member of a protected victim class attacks and kills members of another protected victim class. Then the progressives have to run around like headless chickens doing one or more of multiple things:

1) Claim that a white male made it happen.
    2) Claim that it's only this time a white male didn't make it happen.
    3) Try to change the subject entirely.
    4) Try to ascertain which victim class is more 'victimy' and blame the other... but this is very dangerous. Because there are no real objective ways to determine who is more 'protected', speaking out of turn can put the offending progressive offside with all the others and then he/she gets majorly piled onto and loses all progressive kudos and status.
    5) Do 1 through 3 and obfuscate and spew bile at anyone pointing out the ridiculousness and internal contradictions of their model of the world.

Amusingly it must be pretty tough for them when a Black Christian fringe pastor dumps on gays. Here again, we have two protected victim groups. I guess the only reason their brains don't seize up is that of course a Black loses some of his protected victim status ranking points for being a dastardly Christian.

It's all too hard for me to keep up with them.. Maybe I'm just too damn stupid to be a progressive. All I can do is look at what people say and what people do and judge them mainly by what they do. How primitive and backward of me.

We will now observe more of behaviours (5) above as the thread rolls on. Until some coward demands for it to be frozen again.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    The IRA were nothing to do with the Catholic religion. They were not true Catholics.
    Did you condemn all Catholics (of the time) because a subset were evil and were causing mayhem?

Did you accept and tolerate discrimination against catholics?
    Did you cheer any nutjobs who wanted to bar them entry into London until we can figure things out?
    No, you saw them as individual bad apples - far removed from Catholics of Rome or Spain or Phillipines.
    Why do you choose to lump all Muslims together?

Perhaps you missed it during the noise. I would appreciate your answer to my question above at post #216

Before we do shutdown due to the occupation by the terror twins.... Here is one for the road.

Rick Scott: Obama hasn't called after Orlando attack - Business Insider

Before we do shutdown due to the occupation by the terror twins.... Here is one for the road.

Rick Scott: Obama hasn't called after Orlando attack - Business Insider