Like Tree809Likes

Consequences of Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    I don't know. Perhaps you can ask Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, Sweden, and Denmark how they could possibly more competitive than free countries such as Canada and Australia.

The Global Competitiveness Report 2018 - Reports - World Economic Forum
    If you are looking for competing in world markets, then this is the WEF ranking you need to use. Seems to make my point.

http://reports.weforum.org/global-co...s=GCI4.C.07.02

/duplicate

Whenever I seem all these charts presented to support questionable claims, I think of this economics teacher's T-shirt...

They're rating agencies that evaluate credit risk. They don't give policy recommendations.

There's no evidence for that. Growth was sluggish. Let me demonstrate again.

Attachment 77153

Exactly. Let go of the mantra. A downgrade is not the end of the world. There's absolutely no risk of a default. Bond rates are low and borrowing is cheap. Quit Brexit, invest in infrastructure, invest in people, grow the economy, tackle tax evasion, compete in the world, and debt will shrink.
    This is somewhat circular. By not reducing debt growth a downgrade would of happened sooner. Again you could be right more debt to a problem caused by inefficient use of debt is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyears
    If you are looking for competing in world markets, then this is the WEF ranking you need to use. Seems to make my point.

The Global Competitiveness Report 2018 - Reports - World Economic Forum
    And the mantra continues.

Competitive economies are not competitive economies, austerity is not austerity, options are not options.
    Last edited by civil_servant; 26-02-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Competitive economies are not competitive economies, austerity is not austerity, options are not options.
    I make suggestions and try to cite some evidence to back up these. Perhaps you could counter the argument as it looks like you are not able to. Suggesting Brown's economic policy stopped having an influence on the day he left office was your last counter argument. Anything else?
    TheBrit likes this.

But we have to stop these bloody foreigners coming in and stealing our jobs! How anyone can think it is acceptable to do this to an 87 year old needs a good slap.
    GentleGeorge and Jaz Paul like this.