Like Tree859Likes

Consequences of Brexit?

Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 138 143 144 145 146

Hilarious, almost as funny as your revisionist stance. You’d do well in the CCP, then are fond of re-writing history to fit their narrative too.

I’m still cursing those idiots who voted for Brexit. Still to meet anyone who voted for exit and does not genuinely regret it…

Quote Originally Posted by GooBee:
    I’m still cursing those idiots who voted for Brexit. Still to meet anyone who voted for exit and does not genuinely regret it…
    You think they would tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Hilarious, almost as funny as your revisionist stance. You’d do well in the CCP, then are fond of re-writing history to fit their narrative too.
    Which revisionist stance?

Quote Originally Posted by GooBee:
    I don’t regret it but I do acknowledge that it is not currently going to plan. I just wish some on the other side of the fence would acknowledge that it is also not as disastrous as some predicted (that’s not a pop at anyone here).

If any Brextiers voted for immigration reasons then they’re going to be very disappointed to learn that immigration has reduced from EU but outnumbered by additional from outside EU. I can’t get to the bottom of whether figures include/exclude BNO. By definition it should exclude.

One thing is clear, the flow of illegal immigrants (the most emotive of such issues) hasn’t stemmed either across the channel or seemingly now through Ireland. That people have risked lives and spent money often family money to escape wherever is undeniable and Britain has a long and (relatively) proud record (unless you want to judge history on todays values). The EU is not playing their part in this.

For me that’s a minor issue. Britain should, but is not, be making the sort of trade agreements inside and outside of the EU that I fully expected would be possible. Britain was good enough for Honda, Nissan and others to invest in. Inflation and strikes are not going to help in this area either.

For me neither an unmitigated failure or success, yet!

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Which revisionist stance?
    I am not surprised you are finding it hard to keep track.