Like Tree876Likes

Consequences of Brexit?

Page 84 of 133 FirstFirst ... 76 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 92 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    I think most people who voted leave wanted hard Brexit.

To my mind, the only solution now is to recognise that a new referendum is necessary that is clear.

Hard Brexit Yes/No
    Agreed. As with all anti establishment votes in recent times it’s typically been the poor, disgrunted, old and feeble minded that voted for Brexit, as they probably all blame their personal misfortune on the status quo and expect a “change” will make them rich, happy etc.

So a vote for hard brexit yes/no may home down reality, pretty sure commen sense prevails and the UK stays in.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    I think most people who voted leave wanted hard Brexit.

To my mind, the only solution now is to recognise that a new referendum is necessary that is clear.

Hard Brexit Yes/No
    That'd be because there's no such thing as a hard or soft Brexit. There's Leave or not Leave. The electorate voted to leave.

The ballot box is in place of violence, worth remembering sometimes.
    SpeakCantonese likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    So fucking what?

It's none of your business what or why people voted. It was a secret ballot. All you need to know are the final results.

Leave won, teh government must implement it or go and let someone else implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:
    So fucking what?

It's none of your business what or why people voted. It was a secret ballot. All you need to know are the final results.

Leave won, teh government must implement it or go and let someone else implement it.
    People voted for something they didn't understand egged on by a campaign which told them outright lies. Do you really think that's a good way to run a country?

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    People voted for something they didn't understand egged on by a campaign which told them outright lies. Do you really think that's a good way to run a country?
    That's politics. That has happened in every election in history, If that was justification for ignoring the result we would never observe any result!

Not your business if people didn't understand. Parliament voted to give the people the referendum in the first place.

That's politics. That has happened in every election in history, If that was justification for ignoring the result we would never observe any result!

Not your business if people didn't understand. Parliament voted to give the people the referendum in the first place.
    Of.course it's my business! It's my fucking country. It's my passport they devalued. My property they devalued. My niece's future they fucked over. Brexit is a HUGE deal, way bigger than any single election where the result can be rolled back when the downfalls become apparent. Crazy stupid.
    TheBrit and vmlinuz like this.

Of.course it's my business! It's my fucking country. It's my passport they devalued. My property they devalued. My niece's future they fucked over. Brexit is a HUGE deal, way bigger than any single election where the result can be rolled back when the downfalls become apparent. Crazy stupid.
    Then next time you need to find out, I suggest you pull back their curtain whilst filling in the ballot paper and make them tell you what they're voting and why? Let's see what happens to you.

It's an individual's vote, counts as one, just like yours, no requirement to explain, requirement to write the letter X. If they vote for a candidates green socks that's their business alone. None of yours. This is called democracy, if you don't like it, I believe there are other systems in different places.

Then next time you need to find out, I suggest you pull back their curtain whilst filling in the ballot paper and make them tell you what they're voting and why? Let's see what happens to you.

It's an individual's vote, counts as one, just like yours, no requirement to explain, requirement to write the letter X. If they vote for a candidates green socks that's their business alone. None of yours. This is called democracy, if you don't like it, I believe there are other systems in different places.
    I didn't get a vote. They silenced people outside UK who know something about the world. How fair was that?

Original Post Deleted
    That's fair. Oddly, they thought leave meant leave.

I didn't get a vote. They silenced people outside UK who know something about the world. How fair was that?
    Neither did I! It's completely unfair, citizenship should guarantee your vote. Heck, I even pay into the coffers still.

Nevertheless, the electorate the government chose was the same for both sides to appeal to.

Page 84 of 133 FirstFirst ... 76 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 92 ... LastLast