Like Tree22Likes

USA - Police killings in last two days.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    It's one of those news that shouldn't be announced to the world. Giving sophisticated psychos ideas.

Perfect example of freedom of information taken too literally.
    Plenty of movies where explosives have been delivered by remote controlled cars etc. Nothing new here other than spur of the moment tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Plenty of movies where explosives have been delivered by remote controlled cars etc. Nothing new here other than spur of the moment tactics.
    I'm not thinking delivering explosives - cause that's slightly pointless from a psycho's perspective. They can simply wear a cap and place pressurized cooker + needles where it will do just as well as delivering it remotely - so there's no point in going the roundabout way.
    But by using robot and associate it with killing in the real world - as the news announced, it opens the gateway for ideas to go rampant. It signals to anyone with an interest to kill that it's possible already. Not expecting the day will never happen, but these news may open the floodgate couple years quicker than it should have. Anyways I'm being particularly vague for good reasons.

So Philando Castile never did have a CCW permit. And he was suspected of armed robbery just days before. Media: Crickets.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-cop-killings/

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    So Philando Castile never did have a CCW permit. And he was suspected of armed robbery just days before. Media: Crickets.
    Snopes is not cricketing

Philando Castile Was Not 'Wanted for Armed Robbery' : snopes.com
    chuckster007, hullexile and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-cop-killings/
    This really annoys me with the media, they can blatantly lie and nothing happens.

At least with the BBC you can complain and they correct. Have a complaint in at the moment.

civil_servant and Durry like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes you are right, this is just high on my list of annoyances at the moment

Original Post Deleted
    How to teach gullible people to tell the difference between crap blog, bent newspapers and the real news?

The link and story that was posted is so close in style, content as well as the liberal use of weasel words to real media outlets such as the Daily Mail (and similar ilk)...

Its frustrating how so many fall for such crap and actually believe it to be true. Even more frustrating is that others that believe it and think "this is the real stuff, the other stuff is government propaganda" type of conspiracy....
    shri likes this.

deleted

Last edited by Creative83; 10-07-2016 at 12:45 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    I think it is being taught, even though I've been out of school for almost 20 years and can't say for sure. I've read reports that youngsters are much more aware of online etiquette and take more action to protect their privacy online. More and more school projects are also done using online information. I think if students get sidetracked by online lies or conspiracies, their teachers will point that out to them and guide them in the right direction. I think what's more important is night classes for the older generations to be schooled in using the Internet in a responsible manner.
    Last edited by civil_servant; 10-07-2016 at 04:07 PM.