Like Tree66Likes

60 killed in France Bastille Day Celebration

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

FFS!!!! Cant even enjoy a national celebrations without these scumbags killing innocent people. Religion of Peace My ARSE!!

France needs to come down hard and clamp the shit down.

Eyewitnesses say there was an exchange of gunfire in the aftermath of the incident before the driver was shot dead. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack, according to unconfirmed reports in the French media. A second suspect is currently on the run according to French authorities.
    Guns and grenades were later said to have been found inside the truck, which mounted the pavement at approximately 40mph and steered directly towards hundreds of people watching a fireworks display.
    77 people feared dead in Bastille Day attack in Nice | Daily Mail Online
    Char Siu King and Skyhook like this.

The scariest thing about Attacks like this is that they take no planning whatsoever.

Buy/Hire a truck and mow people down.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A truck drove into a late-night crowd, killing at least 60 people in Nice on France’s Mediterranean coast as the nation celebrated its Bastille Day holiday.

Several hundred were injured and police ordered people off the streets. The truck driver was shot and killed by police, Sebastien Humbert, deputy prefect for the region, said on BFM TV. The attack was a “criminal act,” he said, making no mention of terrorism.

Bloomberg - Truck Rams Crowd Killing 60 in Bastille Day Attack in Nice

Truck Rams Crowd Killing 60 in Bastille Day Attack in Nice - Bloomberg
    How horrible, on Bastille Day of all days and in Nice ! which really hits home for me and my family, because I don't even think of terrorism when we go to enjoy big family day public events like this. We hang out in the South of France, to get away from the pollution and stresses of Asia, that could have been us had we decided to go during July, which we had previously planned ! We were just there for the month in May this year ( when its not too hot ) this terrorist act just leaves me feeling a bit cold.

The death toll is now at 77, just shocking and my heartfelt thoughts are with the family's and all those effected in Nice, on what is the worst day in the citys history. A huge shock to what is one of the most chilled out and relaxing cities in the world.

Yep. Too many of these and too often.

Was there ever a time in history where this sort of daily / weekly mass killing was common place?
    Depends who you ask. Fallujah, I would think, probably hasn't been a serene holiday town since the destabilization of that whole area by Bush & Blair.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Depends who you ask. Fallujah, I would think, probably hasn't been a serene holiday town since the destabilization of that whole area by Bush & Blair.
    True. All of Iraq has turned into a hell hole too.
    Hakata Bay likes this.

if people had known the repercussion of waging war in Irak. The Irony was that France was opposed to it, yet we're the ones who suffer the most from it in western Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    How horrible, on Bastille Day of all days and in Nice ! which really hits home for me and my family, because I don't even think of terrorism when we go to enjoy big family day public events like this. We hang out in the South of France, to get away from the pollution and stresses of Asia, that could have been us had we decided to go during July, which we had previously planned ! We were just there for the month in May this year ( when its not too hot ) this terrorist act just leaves me feeling a bit cold.

The death toll is now at 77, just shocking and my heartfelt thoughts are with the family's and all those effected in Nice, on what is the worst day in the citys history. A huge shock to what is one of the most chilled out and relaxing cities in the world.
    That's the whole point of terror . . . not to kill everyone, but to scare us and fuck with how we live. I'm reminded of this every time I shuffle through an airport security line in the "Greatest Country in the World" in my socks while my shoes and toothpaste are being inspected as possible weapons of mass destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    if people had known the repercussion of waging war in Irak. The Irony was that France was opposed to it, yet we're the ones who suffer the most from it in western Europe.
    And bombing the hell out of Afghanistan.

Yet Americans still live in their isolationist bubble.
    rickyross likes this.

True. All of Iraq has turned into a hell hole too.
    Nowadays 50 dead in Iraq is little news on page 5, right next to news about a farmer that grew a square watermelon.

Sadly we all get very accustomed to bad news.
    shri, timonoj, hullexile and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    That's the whole point of terror . . . not to kill everyone, but to scare us and fuck with how we live. I'm reminded of this every time I shuffle through an airport security line in the "Greatest Country in the World" in my socks while my shoes and toothpaste are being inspected as possible weapons of mass destruction.
    Although I find customs areas in the EU mostly pretty good , never had an issue before, but didnt really enjoy Heathrow, having gone through it twice out bound recently... being asked to put tooth paste in plastic bags etc, which I didnt comply with, and they didnt say anything when my cabin bag that had my well travelled toiletry bag inside, went through the x ray. But when my belt buckle went through lol, my tray got diveted to be inspected by hand lane. Lol

Let me give you all, the mail. If a pissed off group in the name of whatever cause, really wants to bring a plane down, just recruit folks supportive of that cause who have TRA ids who work at international airports.

You can get whatever you want into airports via staff entrances, I know because i have brought wine through (bypassing customs) via family that work airside.... if I can get 6 bottles of harmless wine and vintage champagne through, imagine what a pissed off airport worker who might be inclined to kill in the name of their personal cause....?

Really think about that for a moment.
    Mrs. Jones and Char Siu King like this.