Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    He's reading a book.
    His diary lol
    civil_servant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    People's previously held perception

Private Life Trump <- good (Ivanka helps to convey this)
    Public Life Trump <- deliberately bad (Trump saying crazy stuff
    No, actually a man that's been married 3 times. Not sure, but I think each time to a younger woman? A man that needs to marry super models and joke how some women are pigs? No, I don't think he has a good private life, I think he's practically buying his wives and discarding them when he thinks they're no longer hot enough for him.

Honestly, this kind of "locker room banter" talk is common in American. And it's one of the many reasons I am glad I left America. It's not just about his ideas of women as meat, but also this jock attitude that "I've got money, so I've got power, and I'm going to be an obnoxious twat about it." It's that same kind of arrogance that makes American tourists so bad. Same goes for Bill Clinton...

Simply disgusting. Sorry more people needed to see this in such obvious terms to get it. And to get that a nasty character like that -- however ubiquitous amongst the rich -- shouldn't be the leader of the country. We'll just have to see how much Americans still respect the role of the President to appreciate that someone who isn't a more respectable being shouldn't hold it.

I'm suspecting someone else is going to swoop in for the Republicans and suddenly unofficially run, creating a lot of surprise, and offering a serious challenge to Clinton.
    shri and TheBrit like this.

I'm suspecting someone else is going to swoop in for the Republicans and suddenly unofficially run, creating a lot of surprise, and offering a serious challenge to Clinton.
    Too late. Not sure if you can get on the ballots right now, given that many states have started their early voting AND ballots have been mailed out (I am assuming) to overseas registered voters / armed forces.

Original Post Deleted

Gem from politico...

In the 2004 interview with Stern, Trump tells the host that "My daughter is beautiful, Ivanka," to which Stern interjects, “by the way, your daughter.” Trump finishes Stern’s sentence by repeating “she’s beautiful.”

“Can I say this? A piece of ass,” Stern says in the clip. “Yeah,” Trump replies.

In another clip uncovered by CNN, this one from 2006, Stern asks Trump, “did your daughter get breast implants?” The real estate mogul replied that “no, she didn’t. I mean, I would know if she did. The answer is no. Why, did she look a little more stacked?”

“She looks more voluptuous than ever,” Stern said.

“No, she didn’t get them,” Trump said. “She’s actually always been very voluptuous.”
    This is truly going to be one of those karmic moments in the history of the United States, they're going to get what they deserve. One way or another.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...d-stern-229376

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    No, actually a man that's been married 3 times. Not sure, but I think each time to a younger woman? A man that needs to marry super models and joke how some women are pigs? No, I don't think he has a good private life, I think he's practically buying his wives and discarding them when he thinks they're no longer hot enough for him.

Honestly, this kind of "locker room banter" talk is common in American. And it's one of the many reasons I am glad I left America. It's not just about his ideas of women as meat, but also this jock attitude that "I've got money, so I've got power, and I'm going to be an obnoxious twat about it." It's that same kind of arrogance that makes American tourists so bad. Same goes for Bill Clinton...

Simply disgusting. Sorry more people needed to see this in such obvious terms to get it. And to get that a nasty character like that -- however ubiquitous amongst the rich -- shouldn't be the leader of the country. We'll just have to see how much Americans still respect the role of the President to appreciate that someone who isn't a more respectable being shouldn't hold it.

I don't agree or disagree as I'm not involved in this. I don't think you're understanding my explanation possibly because I was slightly vague when I say "people".

What matters is his supporters. When I say "People's previously held perception", I meant the people who are giving percentages to Trump's poll number. His numbers have already shown woman supporters (such as you) are minuscule, thus I'm not surprised when you refuted the idea that he doesn't have a good private life prior to this video. The guys however have different perception. I'm just explaining the male supporter's perception.

I probably disagree with the supermodel part though (except first wife) - Melania isn't exactly good looking but people are simply being nice and say she looks good. I think this idea that he's marrying supermodel is to smear him by implying he's shallow. And I'm not going into whether he's shallow or not.
    Last edited by Creative83; 09-10-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5