Like Tree43Likes

Who's Asia Bibi & why should we care?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Well, by your logic, Pakistani society should also be count as an example of secular society since they also have Islamic rituals.

Original Post Deleted
    I feared for her safety in jail. I hope if she wants to leave some country will take her.

Someone needs to offer asylum to Bibi''s lawyer who has received many death threats. I truly believe we will read of his death if he does not get out of Pakistan.

Bibi is not even safe in some of the asylum countries I fear because there are many extremists there. So sad.

I finally looked up on Wikipedia the supposed blasphemy (would be considered just a normal debate about religion in other places):

"In June 2009, Noreen was harvesting falsa berries with a group of other women farmhands in a field in Sheikhupura.[27] She was asked at one point to fetch water from a nearby well;[8] she complied but stopped to take a drink with an old metal cup she had found lying next to the well.[28][32] A neighbor of Noreen, Musarat, who had been involved in a running feud with Noreen's family about some property damage,[1] saw her and angrily told her that it was forbidden for a Christian to drink water from the same utensil from which Muslims drink, and that some of the other workers considered her to be unclean because she was a Christian.[28] Noreen recounted that Musarat said to her: "That’s right, you’re just a filthy Christian! You’ve contaminated our water and now you dare speak for the Prophet! Stupid bitch, your Jesus didn’t even have a proper father, he was a bastard, don’t you know that."[28] Noreen recounts that when they made derogatory statements about Christianity and demanded that she convert to Islam, she responded, "I believe in my religion and in Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for the sins of mankind. What did your Prophet Mohammed ever do to save mankind? And why should it be me that converts instead of you?"[28][32][33] Some arguments ensued.[34]"

Natfixit likes this.

Why isn't this man in jail?
    If you were to believe Indian newspapers, he's a part of the "deep state" intelligence agencies and an effective player in their proxy war against India.
    Last edited by shri; 02-11-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    If you were to believe Indian newspapers, he's a part of the "deep state" intelligence agencies and an effective player in the proxy war against India.
    Agggh. Sometimes I despair of humans. Perhaps the planet would be better off after all the AI take over.
    Elegiaque likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    And again, the tragic result of false news being spread. Anyone who has read the Quran would know that this is a heinous sin against Allah - to spread falsehood against their neighbour. The more I read these, and having lived in the Middle East and worked with people from the middle east in other countries, I get the idea that followers follow what their imam says more than they care to read the Quran. Same for other religions. In Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism etc...many leaders in there hierarchy of these religions / faiths are known to adulterate and falsify what is read in the holy books. There are honest, properly educated leaders but there are those that seek to educate the masses towards an honest, loving and law abiding life....this Musarat sounds extremely unhinged. I hope that Bibi's family are granted asylum in a safe country. Fast. Very soon. Just for sharing a cup of water...

Have read this morning that the Paki rioters and Paki govt have reached an agreement. No more riots and Bibi cannot legally leave Paki.

What incredible levels of ignorance and fear in this islam religion. And IMO, another example of the crazy belief that violence will solve any human social problem.

And of course, lots of 'click bait' happening.

Holy crap! Why do they want to prevent her from leaving?!?! Just so she is easier to kill? If you hate blasphemers so much, wouldn't you be happy when they go? How horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Holy crap! Why do they want to prevent her from leaving?!?! Just so she is easier to kill? If you hate blasphemers so much, wouldn't you be happy when they go? How horrible!
    Sadly, methinks that these rioters are looking for a reason to spread violence, and particularly against a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    Have read this morning that the Paki rioters and Paki govt have reached an agreement. No more riots and Bibi cannot legally leave Paki.

What incredible levels of ignorance and fear in this islam religion. And IMO, another example of the crazy belief that violence will solve any human social problem.

And of course, lots of 'click bait' happening.
    Are there parts of the world where "paki" is not offensive?