Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes

A full transcript of President Obama's farewell speech

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    I think this summation says a lot more about you than Obama.
    That's only because you don't agree. Why not provide a rebuttal? It's more difficult I suppose.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy
    That's only because you don't agree. Why not provide a rebuttal? It's more difficult I suppose.
    given it is not proper facts (facts would require numbers to compare under Obama presidency and before), TB is right. It's the other poster feeling, unless he comes back and post detailed facts.

if the facts goes his way then he is right, else TB is. In the meantime you can keep posting articles that go your way....if that makes you feel better.
    lbear40 and shri like this.

As usual the ctrl-left facists think that only they can have opinions. Colour me surprised.

Very nice speech. One for the history books. And so relevant. And I hope somebody in American reads/listens and understands what he said.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by methosb
    As usual the ctrl-left facists think that only they can have opinions. Colour me surprised.
    No one is saying you can't have an opinion. You have one. All I was saying to DH is that your opinion is just that...an opinion, until it is substantiated by facts.

DH is asking TB to refute your opinion. Why would TB do ...unless you provide facts that TB can reply to. Else it's just blabla and feelings. Not facts.

When one says under Obama relations with China are worse than before for example...it may well be but you need for this to show, how were the relations before and now...and how the change in power (Hu to Xi) in China may have also changed that.

Then we can start to have interesting and intelligent discussion. Unless you call me a left facist..
    TigerSun likes this.

I Obama did a lot, some good some bad, considering the constant resistance from congress. Come in during an awful recession in 2008, created lots of jobs, eliminated Bin Laden, legalized gay marriage, stood up for all peoples (at least that was his message), was passionate, well spoken and I think inspiring. As for more factual references, I thought this was a pretty good list: 400 Obama Accomplishments so far, With Citations

TigerSun likes this.

Obama's astonished that in this new information age that it is possible (for Russia) to insinuate themselves into the democratic practices. A total surprise - US has no clue that could happen.

"(Russia) views United States and its way of life as an adversaries ".
    My gosh, to the innocent free society that is the US of A who have been treating Russia as a friend?

Read him correctly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234