Like Tree34Likes

A full transcript of President Obama's farewell speech

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A full transcript of President Obama's farewell speech

Read the full transcript of President Obama's farewell speech - LA Times

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Someone on the tv said that Obama didn't mention gun violence in his speech, and that despite 256,000 Americans dying by gun violence during his eight years in office he did nothing about it.

And him with that Nobel Peace Prize 'n all...

DirtyHairy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Someone on the tv said that Obama didn't mention gun violence in his speech, and that despite 256,000 Americans dying by gun violence during his eight years in office he did nothing about it.

And him with that Nobel Peace Prize 'n all...
    At war for his whole 8 years, dropped bombs in 7 countries...etc. I get the whole class thing. He's obviously a gentleman, a good husband and father. But he was a dire/weak President. His legacy will be a divided America in a less safe world...it's a shame because I really liked the guy...but it's not enough to be likable and cool.
    timonoj likes this.

CodePink mentioned as a result of Obama's facade, it dissipated CodePink's on the roll anti-war momentum. It was not good in the large scheme of things to have a likable face as president all the while execute on its "American Interest" at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    At war for his whole 8 years, dropped bombs in 7 countries...etc. I get the whole class thing. He's obviously a gentleman, a good husband and father. But he was a dire/weak President. His legacy will be a divided America in a less safe world...it's a shame because I really liked the guy...but it's not enough to be likable and cool.

Guess what...he probably doesn't care what you think

A bit more seriously...no President will win everyone's heart and do all the right things his legacy will be contrasted like all legacy of American Presidents in recent memory.

It's his farewell speech...of course he will focus on the + not the -

I see countless of managers living my bank yearly for other branches...at the farewell speech...they talk about what they have achieved, not where they have fucked up.

Obama did some good, some average and some bad. Like we all do. I do believe in his case it's a decent mix of things. Some people are truly outstanding and do more good than the rest and some are the reverse....let see what comes next to replace him...

And to put to bed the issue of war

since the United States was founded in 1776, she has been at war during 214 out of her 235 calendar years of existence. In other words, there were only 21 calendar years in which the U.S. did not wage any wars

shri and HK_Katherine like this.

Great president says Gaddafi. Same type of reaction from codepink members.

Human rights, ya know?

3:55
    Framing invasion as "intervention".

The world outside the US loves to kill its own people and the free country needs to intervene for the sake of the people being victimized.

Excellent story.
    timonoj likes this.

what happens when Malia and Sasha grows up and finds out his dad is a sociopath?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast