Like Tree9Likes

Trump Calls NATO Obsolete and Dismisses EU in German Interview

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Trump Calls NATO Obsolete and Dismisses EU in German Interview

Trump on NATO:

“It’s obsolete, first because it was designed many, many years ago,” Trump said in the Bild version of the interview. “Secondly, countries aren’t paying what they should” and NATO “didn’t deal with terrorism.”
    On Brexit and the EU:

In contrast, Trump praised Britons for voting in 2016 to leave the EU. People and countries want their own identity and don’t want outsiders coming in to “destroy it,” he said. The U.K. is smart to leave the bloc because the EU “is basically a vehicle for Germany,” the Times quoted Trump as saying.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...rman-interview

Bloomberg cites BILD, I will buy gold...

Donald Trump's tax threats wipe €4.5bn off Germany's top car companies stocks

Donald Trump's tax threats wipe €4.5bn off Germany's top car companies stocks | The Independent

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Donald Trump's tax threats wipe €4.5bn off Germany's top car companies stocks

Donald Trump's tax threats wipe €4.5bn off Germany's top car companies stocks | The Independent
    My money's on Trump...I bet BMW bend to his will...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    My money's on Trump...
    Colour me surprised

No point arguing.

People are making billions every day on these off the cuff remarks that Trump makes.

Boring....

Reminds me of all the fun that the republican media had when Obama was president - "muslim dude! no experience! bought by Pritzker family!"

Now the democrats are on the same delegitimisation cycle ... "Russian Stooge! No Experience! Bought by Goldman+++++"

Big difference -

Obama: Knew how to keep his mouth shut and did not crave retweets / likes.
    Trump: This guy has no f'ing filter. He desperately wants attention.

Overall ... what I'm more keen on, compared to all these trivial distractions is what he might do to rebuild old infrastructure - remember, he likes to build stuff with other people's money.

DirtyHairy likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    You mean something like what Volkswagen did with the Beetle?

Would be sad if an American company could not make a tributemobile and the germans had to be called in.

At the end of the day, he'll make millions out of the presidency like almost all modern day presidents/politicians have. One way or another, more or less.

Original Post Deleted
    The solution will be to build a factory in the US and employ Americans to build them...and that's what they will do.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast