Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rickyross
  • 1 Post By DirtyHairy
  • 1 Post By flameproof

Halal Snack Pack Trumps Alt-Right and Fake News

Closed Thread

Halal Snack Pack Trumps Alt-Right and Fake News

Figured this headline would piss a few people off ...

Finally the people have spoken. Halal snack pack (HSP), “a fast food comprising layers of hot chips, grated cheese, halal doner kebab meat, garlic sauce, barbecue sauce and chilli sauce”, has been named People’s Choice Word of the Year 2016 by Macquarie Dictionary.
    The runners up were the terms alt-right and fake news, which was announced last week as the Committee’s Choice Word of the Year 2016.
    The surprising bit for me ... "aussies have their own dictionary?!?"

Halal snack pack named people’s choice word of 2016 by Macquarie Australian English Dictionary | South China Morning Post

Oddly enough, if you search for HSP on google, the good stuff is not on the first 3 pages (didnt bother looking further)
    But if you search google images, the good stuff is the first hit....

I think the word got a bit of a boost during the Australian election due to Pauline Hanson (Australia's version of Trump)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awt9_zfe_TA

I guess, they're as effective as fried mars bars when it comes to darwinism.

Man do I miss those Halal food carts in NYC....lemme get a combo over rice no salad, white sauce barbecue sauce and just a little hot sauce! Fattening as hell but ok every one in a while.

shri likes this.

The food looks delicious, in some sort of special way that I still try to understand.

DirtyHairy likes this.