Like Tree44Likes

Who WIll WIn The Coming Civil War in the USA?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I don't think a war is coming, and anyway a ton of people who voted for Trump regret it and are pissed off with him too. They also probably have guns.

https://twitter.com/trump_regrets
    @realDonaldTrump gbader0906. I voted for you but am very unhappy with your choice of secretary of Educarion. Very disappointed
    Unlike the old one who really took care of our educarion...lol

Haven't got time to trawl through the Hilarybots...

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I see similarities with the Thatcher years in the UK. Constant protests (and yes I was on a few), poll tax riots, other riots, rise of the far right, polarised opinion.
    It was almost 47 years ago....I can see history easily repeating...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    Violent leftists have managed to shut down another Milo Yiannopoulos talk...this time at UC Berkely...

Here, as usual, it is the shouty and violent left shutting down free speech. If you're not a member of the the 'shouty and violent left' you needn't feel this was a personal attack on you! )

I know some of you are against free speech that consists of opinions you disagree with, this is not a thread about that.

I know some of you hate Milo, this is not a thread about that.

Obviously...you have your freedom of speech!

I believe that a civil war is coming in the USA...what about you?

If it happens, who will win?

https://twitter.com/Rikortez/status/827006937183162368

https://twitter.com/michael_bodley/s...79477645189120

"There are two kinds of fascists: fascists and anti-fascists." ~ Ennio Flaiano

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...vent-cancelled

Is it possible to have this conversation without name calling and insults? I commit to that from the outset.
    It's totally possible to have a conversation without name calling and all but then I would suggest from the outset that you start your post this way:

I believe that a civil war is coming in the USA. What about you?
    If it happens, who do you think will win?

The other beats from your post were unnecessary and serve no purpose (they do not illustrate anything).

So my opinion is no civil war is coming at all. I
    This election created a lot of noise in the media, meanwhile life in the US for the enormous majority, as of today (it might change), continue as usual.

What I believe on the other hand is that eventually Trump may not finish his mandate for X or Y reason...or he might just - we will see.

yes Mat, lets build a big beautiful fence.......

for you to sit on

lol

DirtyHairy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:

for you to sit on

lol
    He's a pro-grade banker. He'll figure out a way to make you pay for it and structure it correctly to ensure that the next few generations of your family will continue paying for it.
    Mat and DirtyHairy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:

for you to sit on

lol
    Ah the black or white guy...

Go ahead tell us your views....or you have a mate of a mate who knows a mate of a mate who was a pilot married to a mechanic that knew some mate back then in Melbourne who was owning a coffee shop (best coffee ever, and did I say, they make the best burgers as well) and was related to that mate of yours who own that house in Cannes (beautiful there and you get real vegetables and you wouldn't believe their coffee) where this mate of yours who actually own a major company back in NYC who actually knows Trump etc etc....

Go build your fence....It's black or white people that make war...it's diplomacy (what you call the fence) that try to find ways and avoid them.
    Morrison likes this.

I wonder if the US would simply be better off if they just split in two. There are clearly 2 USs, the centre of the country and the coasts. Every election is a pretty even split of right and left. If they split then they could pretty much just get on with their policies without all the gridlock and the majority of the citizens would be happy with their direction.

DirtyHairy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by methosb:
    I wonder if the US would simply be better off if they just split in two. There are clearly 2 USs, the centre of the country and the coasts. Every election is a pretty even split of right and left. If they split then they could pretty much just get on with their policies without all the gridlock and the majority of the citizens would be happy with their direction.
    Except for the minor issue of one country on two sides of another country. The British tried that by splitting Pakistan into two, one eventually remained as Pakistan and the other eventually turned into Bangladesh.

Would citizens of either country get dual citizen ship if they were born somewhere else, but migrated elsewhere? Would you have a Indo/Pak style migration depending on how the minority wanted to move? What would happen if the minority owned property in the majority's country?

Who would inherit the Navy?

Would actually be a lot more interesting academically to speculate how this would work than speculate about a civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by methosb:
    I wonder if the US would simply be better off if they just split in two
    I would think there is far higher likelihood of a state seceding on its own, instead of a split in the union...Much easier to accomplish.

California, 6th largest economy in the world and philosophically different than most of the rest of the country could be the first.
    DirtyHairy likes this.

what the fuck Mat omg

you definitely didn't get your Italian mothers sense of humour

buon pomeriggio Cheech

DirtyHairy likes this.