Like Tree44Likes

Who WIll WIn The Coming Civil War in the USA?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Except for the minor issue of one country on two sides of another country. The British tried that by splitting Pakistan into two, one eventually remained as Pakistan and the other eventually turned into Bangladesh.
    But the Coastal states of the USA could just become Provinces of Canada. Although given the intellectual pomposity coupled with meh cities of some of the East Coast States probably wouldn't be allowed in.

Given the property prices in Vancouver it is surprising Washington State does vote for Waxit and become

The top 1/2 of Maine should join Canada and re-route route 1 in Canada to be a straight line. Not a big difference between Northern Maine and New Bunswick....
    spode likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    what the fuck Mat omg

you definitely didn't get your Italian mothers sense of humour

buon pomeriggio Cheech
    I do...when the joke is funny

When someone clearly say its stance "So my opinion is no civil war is coming at all" but still get the same old joke from the same poster.....

Anyway no hard feelings.

Original Post Deleted
    Glad you brought that up.

Unfortunately, the Navy does their basic training in the mid-west. Small problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Station_Great_Lakes

And then there is the minor issue of Trump Tower and the new winter White House being in a coastal area.

Gaza and the West Bank.

Alaska and the rest of the USA...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Glad you brought that up.

Unfortunately, the Navy does their basic training in the mid-west. Small problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Station_Great_Lakes

And then there is the minor issue of Trump Tower and the new winter White House being in a coastal area.
    Even Laos has a navy.

While there appears to be a lot of unrest and unhappiness in the USA, civil war is a long way away. So far, touch wood, the checks and balances of the system are working: where federal laws are broken judges are calling it right and pulling back the administration. Whether this will continue if he continues to sack judges and civil servants, not so sure.

I agree with whoever above said that for most of the US nothing much has changed. Most of them don't care about trade treaties or immigrants; they like their red-neck christian simplistic view of the world and - frankly - are probably seeing a politician actually doing what he said he would do. You can't really blame Trump for doing what he said he would do - I blame the dickheads who voted for him. But that's democracy for you.

I do have a friend who knows him and I am having a fascinating offline conversation with him. So far he's not said anything to make me change my mind that Trump is a dangerous narcissist but some of the points have been illuminating. We shall see.

At the end of the day - the public get to choose again in 4 years. Perhaps the "I hate trump but I hate hillary more" voters might see the error of their ways and fix this mess. You cannot unwind the fabric of America in 4 years. Although I think you can do a heck of a lot of damage to its image in that time.

East_coast and spode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    Even Laos has a navy.

Liechtenstein too

The Liechtenstein Princely Navy
    DirtyHairy likes this.

WTF?!?!???