Like Tree92Likes

Sweden's "First Feminist Government" wears the Hijab in Iran

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    Again...this is what I was saying the other day, this kind of silly post. Why would I answer this nonsense? It's childish.
    They went there and wore the hijab. You said they should have not gone there and wear the hijab - so if you are opposed to what they did you must have an opinion/suggestion as to what should have been done, else I can't see why you would be against it.

So you again - what's your solution to that particular issue/incident. There is really nothing silly in that question at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    So you again - what's your solution to that particular issue/incident. There is really nothing silly in that question at all...
    I already stated my 'solution' earlier in the thread. The question doesn't make sense Mat. a.) You stuck in some silly comment about me being a master of international politics or some other stupid comment. b.) I've already stated that they shouldn't have gone. What more do you want?

I already stated my 'solution' earlier in the thread. The question doesn't make sense Mat. a.) You stuck in some silly comment about me being a master of international politics or some other stupid comment. b.) I've already stated that they shouldn't have gone. What more do you want?
    So your solution is basically to refuse discussion (they should not have gone).

Ok.

What did they do while they were there? Isn't that far more important than what they were wearing? FFS folks focus on the important stuff not the trivia - those tweets are just clickbait for idiots who want to confirm their own prejudices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    So your solution is basically to refuse discussion (they should not have gone).

Ok.
    1.) I didn't say they should refuse discussion.
    2.) I think they could have gone on the proviso that they didn't have to cover. That would have made a powerful statement.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    What did they do while they were there? Isn't that far more important than what they were wearing? FFS folks focus on the important stuff not the trivia - those tweets are just clickbait for idiots who want to confirm their own prejudices.
    Feel free to research before you spout. It was a business trip. They weren't there to promote women's rights, they were there to do business.

Sweden defends officials wearing headscarves in Iran - BBC News

There are the female chess players who won't go to the championships in Iran because they refuse to wear a human, just to add something

DirtyHairy and orel100x like this.

People saying they shouldn't wear a hijab are as bad as those who impose wearing a hijab!

I know plenty of women who choose to wear one and plenty who choose not to wear them. Nothing wrong with a hijab if it's there own choice.

1.) I didn't say they should refuse discussion.
    2.) I think they could have gone on the proviso that they didn't have to cover. That would have made a powerful statement.
    That would have been breaking the law. I thought you were big on ....if you live/visit somewhere you respect the law....

You go an wear the fucking hijab but when you are there you tell them what you think of the way they treat women. That's the proper way in my view....
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    People saying they shouldn't wear a hijab are as bad as those who impose wearing a hijab!
    To those of you on these boards who agree with me. I know you may not like my posting style, and that's fine. Put that aside for a moment and look at the thinking behind this post. This is why we must never stop arguing with these people. I tell you, if we surrender to it, we're lost.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast