Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By huja

Kraft Heinz bids $143bn for Unilever

Closed Thread

Kraft Heinz bids $143bn for Unilever

Kraft is smaller and laden with debt but it still is trying to buy Unilever. Both companies are struggling with flat growth as the world discovers mass customisation trumps mass production.

Good deal?

Perhaps new owners will be better cost managers rather than drive growth

I saw a headline about a take-over with an illustration featuring the logos of the two companies. I assumed it was Unilever looking to swallow Kraft-Heinz and was taken aback when I read it was K-H looking to bag Unilever. Kraft-Heinz needs to do something as their core business of processed foods are being demonized right now.

Is Philip morris still involved or owns part of Kraft? I thought they did at some point.

I guess John Kerry needs a new job now.. (Just being a conspiracy nutter here..)

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Is Philip morris still involved or owns part of Kraft? I thought they did at some point.

I guess John Kerry needs a new job now.. (Just being a conspiracy nutter here..)
    PM spun off Kraft years ago. And then Kraft split in two with snack foods division being called Mondelez and the grocery foods retaining the Kraft name.

Mondelez Is New Name for Kraft’s Snack Foods Company - The New York Times
    shri likes this.

A. You probably mean Altria Group
    B. No, not anymore, shareholders got free Kraft and were free to sell.
    I think more than 10 years ago

@huja - thanks for that link. Had no clue that Kraft-Heinz was financially engineered by Brazilians.

Not gonna' happen . . .

Forbes Welcome