Like Tree26Likes

Dalai Lama: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    - Bertrand Russell: British philosopher, logician, mathematician, historian, writer, social critic, political activist and Nobel laureate.

(1930)

The problem with arguing against religion was that it does play a historical role in creating a society prior to forming governments. I can see there's a group of people who are anti religion in geoexpat - led by Bill Meyers (Their point is exactly Bill Meyer's). But at the core of this sense of righteousness is the same disease as the people who looks at China and point fingers.

Frankly, if China's that bad, he would have been locked up or dead by now.

How can they lock him up? He doesn't live in China... because if he did, they would!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    How can they lock him up? He doesn't live in China... because if he did, they would!
    Cause it's not difficult if they wanted to. They left him alone for decades. But it does give "China" many opportunities to have a leg up where ever he goes and speak. This interview only meant somewhere inside China some business with the Brits isn't happening.

Original Post Deleted
    I rather have that than illegally invading an entire country because someone in power wants to get the bad guy.
    rickyross likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Different approach. That's all I'm saying. Britain has no problem taking someone's citizenship and abandoning them. In China, they bring them home for reeducation.
    rickyross likes this.

Funny how the wumao accusations are flying around again...but it's always the same group of posters in these threads about Asia, whether it's about Thailand, China or the Philippines, they have a strong anti-Asia bias and they're quick to resort to discrediting the poster as a shill.

On the flip side, they never show up in threads such as mass government surveillance by the UK and US governments, and they go so far as to show their support for these programs. If there are wumao on these boards, then there sure as hell are paid CIA shills. Maybe the Americans pay better than the Chinese.

Guess you just can't unravel all those years of Western media bias.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Funny how the wumao accusations are flying around again...but it's always the same group of posters in these threads about Asia, whether it's about Thailand, China or the Philippines, they have a strong anti-Asia bias and they're quick to resort to discrediting the poster as a shill.

On the flip side, they never show up in threads such as mass government surveillance by the UK and US governments, and they go so far as to show their support for these programs. If there are wumao on these boards, then there sure as hell are paid CIA shills. Maybe the Americans pay better than the Chinese.

Guess you just can't unravel all those years of Western media bias.
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
    chuckster007 and Mefisto like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    I'm one of the people ricky described and I'm so mad about it but I have no come backs! I hate you ricky!
    Fixed that for ya

'Fess up, now which one of you did this?