Like Tree26Likes

Dalai Lama: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dalai Lama: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

I guess John Oliver has no plans to visit China in the next few years. Maybe more critical questions about 'reincarnation' were needed!

https://youtu.be/bLY45o6rHm0

He didn't answer the question at 0:50.

Who knew the DL was so entertaining!

I'm not sure why commies are better than monks. In other words, a communist regime is no better than a theocracy

When the day comes that our Spiritual Leader HH Dalai Lama passes on, The reincarnation process is going to be so fucked up as Beijing will definitely step in and say they found one inside Tibet and have him named as the reincarnation so that they can keep him there and control him from young up so as not to cause trouble to the CCP.

The Tibetan Exiled govt / community in Dharamshala will try to find one themselves, its going to be really Messy. Lets hope his holiness keeps on living for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy:
    I guess they don't realise that by even responding to a comedy show they look ridiculous.

The Dalai Lama is a fucking fraud, the only thing he is good at is tricking white people into thinking he is some revered Asian figure.

In point of fact, Tibet has been a semi-autonomous province of China for over a thousand years. Until 1959, it was ruled as a theocratic dictatorship, with over ninety percent of the population living as serfs in a feudalistic system of involuntary servitude. Workers were routinely bought and sold as slaves, and punishments for speaking irreverently about the Dalai Lama included eye-gouging and tongue removal. Amputation of hands and feet were commonplace punishments for even minor criminal infractions.
    Last edited by shri; 09-03-2017 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Can you provide a link - not keen on full article copy/paste
    orel100x likes this.

Can someone put up the picard deep sigh gif??? Seriously. Deep sighs.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    The Dalai Lama is a fucking fraud, the only thing he is good at is tricking white people into thinking he is some revered Asian figure.
    I'm not white.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast