Like Tree43Likes

Dutch PM bars Turkish foreign minister in escalation of rally row

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Dutch PM bars Turkish foreign minister in escalation of rally row

tl;dr - Erdogan calls for mass protest amongst Dutch-Turkish citizens in Rotterdam and the Dutch PM refuses to let him land. This comes after Erdogan's rally in Germany a few days ago in which he claims that Germany was a "hostile nation" and accused the Germans of using "nazi methods" to suppress him.

Turkey is calling for mass sanctions of the Netherlands.

Dutch withdraw Turkish minister's travel permission in rally dispute- CNN Turk | Reuters

I feel (ethically speaking) that Europe has valid enough reasons in how it is dealing with Turkey.

Nobody morally is going to give two fucks if Turkey stops flights for Europeans etc.

We need to stop tolerating the intolerant.

Turkey is a basket case and it will only fester into further dysfunctional disarray . we'd be wise to just drop it like a hot rock and make certain it never becomes part of the EU.

Cest la vie and what will be, will be.

Maybe the Turks who fled for a much better life in the West, can speak up against the Turkish government. Wouldn't that be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    We need to stop tolerating the intolerant.

Maybe the Turks who fled for a much better life in the West, can speak up against the Turkish government. Wouldn't that be amazing!
    Agreed. There was a case a few years ago in which a woman from Norway was raped in the UAE and was jailed for committing adultery according to their laws...Norwegian Airlines immediately ceased all flights to UAE in what I consider to be an amazing show of solidarity. If Erdogan is standing for what he believes in, then I guess other countries can too.

...and I do wish more Turkish citizens would move to Hong Kong and bring some of their tasty cuisine with them!
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    "nazi methods"
    That seems to be becoming a trend.

In 1933 democratically elected Hitler eroded democratic rights bit by bit and eventually disbanded all other political parties.

Until recently it was hard to understand how that was possible in Germany. Erdogan and Trump put that into perspective and show how that's done.
    rickyross, 100LL, shri and 1 others like this.

...and I do wish more Turkish citizens would move to Hong Kong and bring some of their tasty cuisine with them!
    https://plateculture.com/where-to-ea...urkish-kitchen
    rickyross and civil_servant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    That looks very nice. Have you tried Nevale Kitchen in DB North Plaza? I go there every time there's some event at my boy's school.

Btw @HowardCoombs, how do you feel about Erdogan's move? Do you think it's justified?
    rickyross likes this.

At least one did bring so much, he needs to sell it:

LetPacific Food - Turkish food and fruit supplier in Hong Kong. Halal food supplier in Hong Kong
    rickyross likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Btw @HowardCoombs, how do you feel about Erdogan's move? Do you think it's justified?
    For the sake of my health and blood pressure, I try not to think much about the numbskull and his antics. He wont get far with his huffing and puffing. Angela didnt put up with it, the Dutch arent either - he has pissed of the Russians as well as the Americans - perhaps he is modeling himself after the hermit kingdom; who knows....
    rickyross and civil_servant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    That seems to be becoming a trend.

In 1933 democratically elected Hitler eroded democratic rights bit by bit and eventually disbanded all other political parties.

Until recently it was hard to understand how that was possible in Germany. Erdogan and Trump put that into perspective and show how that's done.
    So true. And so scary.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast