Like Tree16Likes

Chinese man whacked with umbrella on bus in Queens hate crime

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by monomono:
    Please widen my little world and point me to some news stories about non-white on non-white hate crimes. Honestly, unless it's some kind of conspiracy, there are very few in the mainstream press.
    Lots of interesting stuff on this topic monomono. The reality today is that white people are the least racist people of all and that is especially true in the west...

https://businesstech.co.za/news/life...-in-the-world/
    Char Siu King likes this.

Cool! I'm not racist then. Thanks.

Do things like this happen often in those places?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/2...chibhotla.html
    Err...do you know about the caste system in India? The perpetual wars and genocides in north Africa? The Chinese treatment of ethnic minorities, especially in the west of the country??

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    For example:

Chinese vs. Black

For intra - racial...

You sure it's not interracial ?

Intranet vs Internet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:

Intranet vs Internet ...
    By interracial I mean within the same race...

For example, I remember in Oz there being racism between different aboriginal peoples...in WA, Nyoongars tended to look down on Wongais...

http://racerelations.net/?page_id=69

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:

Intranet vs Internet ...
    ? No idea how that hyphen got in there either.

Err...do you know about the caste system in India? The perpetual wars and genocides in north Africa? The Chinese treatment of ethnic minorities, especially in the west of the country??
    You're mixing up a few themes there - religious, tribal, economic. Nothing that happens in those places is as purely racist as a member of the majority walking up to a minority, telling them to get out of their country, and assaulting them - usually with no religious, tribal or economic motivation. That's what a hate crime is, i.e. the topic of this thread.

Anyway everyone's got a different definition of racism it seems. For me it's the people holding the power treating others badly due to their ethnicity.

You're mixing up a few themes there - religious, tribal, economic. Nothing that happens in those places is as purely racist as a member of the majority walking up to a minority, telling them to get out of their country, and assaulting them - usually with no religious, tribal or economic motivation. That's what a hate crime is, i.e. the topic of this thread.
    I'm not mixing anything up thanks. You seem to be saying that being whacked with an umbrella is somehow more of a problem than genocide, or systematic institutionalized racism...then you give what looks suspiciously like a list of excuses for racism.

For me it's the people holding the power treating others badly due to their ethnicity.
    I agree with you...how is that not what is happening in the countries I mentioned?

To add...I'm not saying that there are no white racists or that there is no problem...I am saying that when it comes to racism against non-whites, violence against non-whites...white people are the least likely to be to blame.
    Last edited by DirtyHairy; 16-03-2017 at 09:34 PM.

I'm not mixing anything up thanks. You seem to be saying that being whacked with an umbrella is somehow more of a problem than genocide, or systematic institutionalized racism...then you give what looks suspiciously like a list of excuses for racism.

I agree with you...how is that not what is happening in the countries I mentioned?
    Because in most cases it's not primarily due to their ethnicity. I never mentioned umbrellas, I'm just trying to point out that non-white racism is completely different in nature to white on non-white racism.

I'm just trying to point out that non-white racism is completely different in nature to white on non-white racism.
    I absolutely reject this nonsense.