Like Tree18Likes

Trump Care - Will it pass?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Trump Care - Will it pass?

The Koch brothers and a few other Republicans are against Trump Care. Enough to cause some anxiety in the Trump administration.

Here's the deal .... will it pass? If it does not, what will the fall out be? Quite keen to see what happens to the stock markets as I think it is about time the S&P gets discounted.

Background reading on Politico:

Koch network pledges to defend Republicans who vote against GOP health bill - POLITICO

and

Inside Trump’s last-ditch bid to avoid a health care disaster - POLITICO

Fascinating. If true it might be the most positive thing I have seen. NO idea if this health care is better or worse in reality than Obama care, but "getting things done" is frankly quite useful! I do think health care for poor people in the USA is utterly unbecoming of a first world country.

He is having a helluva time trying to get any support, from any side. Sad.

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...ote-hell-no%2F

It's genuinely shameful that for 7 years the GOP has been saying they have a plan to repeal and replace the ACA, and this is what they have come up with? A plan that the independent Congressional Budget Office says will cause 24 million people to lose coverage and has a huge tax cut for the rich embedded into it? This is their best effort?

Given what Trump has promised ("coverage for everyone"), if this passes his choices are either to sign it and explain why he completely failed to live up to that claim, or to veto it and say he did it "for the people." Actually the more I think about it, he might do the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I do think health care for poor people in the USA is utterly unbecoming of a first world country.
    Something that most people are not aware of : Mexico has had universal healthcare since 2012.

Name:  aa.png
Views: 183
Size:  308.0 KB

Memes aside ... any thoughts on what happens if the bill does not actually pass?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Memes aside ... any thoughts on what happens if the bill does not actually pass?
    In what sense - political consequences? If it doesn't pass ACA continues on as normal.

Impossible to tell and I dont want to speculate; there is enough of that going around on the interwebs.

I'll stick to watching from sidelines and posting a few amusing memes
    shri and rickyross like this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    In what sense - political consequences? If it doesn't pass ACA continues on as normal.
    Stock market .... what do you predict?

Stock market .... what do you predict?
    It will hit insurers for sure, because "Trumpcare" has a 30% surcharge paid directly to them to replace the individual mandate.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast