• Poorly, not as good as I hoped

1 5.56%
  • Rubbish, failing bigly

7 38.89%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Trump supporters: first two months?

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    Poorly worded poll. Trump has far exceeded my expectations in creating angst, hand-wringing, hypocrisy, gross hyperbole, and sheer stupidity. He has made great strides in bringing the dregs from both sides to the surface. Once the dust clears and all the idiots and their willful ignorance have been exposed, we might actually get rational discussion.
    So you are not a Trump supporter then?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    Sounds to me she's just adding more dust.

Lots of people with buyers remorse. Many of the stories are funny, a few of them are actually quite sad. What were they thinking?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...iding-husband/

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    Poorly worded poll. Trump has far exceeded my expectations in creating angst, hand-wringing, hypocrisy, gross hyperbole, and sheer stupidity. He has made great strides in bringing the dregs from both sides to the surface. Once the dust clears and all the idiots and their willful ignorance have been exposed, we might actually get rational discussion.
    Okie understood!

I don't disagree about the Trump camp lying and twisting which is even more reason why I want to read about why these policies, what is the logic behind them.

I am sure Trump is going to be a disaster but I don't just want my views reinforced, I want to see all sides.
    I don't think you can expect moderate or balanced views from media. That's not the way media works. It's a business and its targeted to sectors. Could Fox News survive if the entire marketplace was informed and rational? If you seek all sides you have to go to different media and then form your own moderate, balanced opinion.

But, as you've observed, the Trump clan is neither logical or truthful, so expecting a balanced debated is not possible on many issues the Trump clan flaunts. Further not all issues have 2 equal sides. Spending time listening to an astronomer argue with an astrologer is a false equivalence.
    civil_servant and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    I don't think you can expect moderate or balanced views from media. That's not the way media works. It's a business and its targeted to sectors. Could Fox News survive if the entire marketplace was informed and rational? If you seek all sides you have to go to different media and then form your own moderate, balanced opinion.
    No one expects moderate nor balanced view from media - but they do expect honesty and truth. To a great extent, the traditional media (and that includes Fox News) is honest and for the most part fair (even if they are leaning)...

The problem that exists is 2 fold:
    1) You've got non traditional outlets on both sides (Breitbart and similar), that simply make stuff up for eyeballs. You've also got the nutters (Alex Jones) that masquerade as legitimate, confusing the gullible.

2) You've got networks such a Fox who blur the line between "Fox News" and "Fox Entertainment" and pretend they are separate when it suits them.

Fox is shite (Hannity, Bill O'Reilly et al)
    Fox News is perfectly good and watchable.

And for a balanced view, these liberal sites should be avoided.

If You're A Liberal, Stop Sharing Links From These Fake News Sites

However, if anyone tells you that the Guardian is the equivalent of Breitbart, tell'em to go take a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    No one expects moderate nor balanced view from media
    Some do expect unbiased news ,only one hour per day at Prime Time should suffice.
    DirtyHairy likes this.

@TheBrit

The two who are tag team posting on this thread are the two who are most vocal in their opposition to Trump. Not sure you're going to learn anything new unfortunately.

I notice TranceOmega voted on the poll too...

It's a shame, it could have been interesting as I suspect many people supported Trump but didn't want to say.

By the way, supporting Trump might mean you like all his policies, it might now. It might mean you were more frightened of what Hilary would do...

Anyway...this might as well be any other thread on Trump now,

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    And for a balanced view, these liberal sites should be avoided.

If You're A Liberal, Stop Sharing Links From These Fake News Sites

However, if anyone tells you that the Guardian is the equivalent of Breitbart, tell'em to go take a hike.
    The Guardian is full of fake news. Just because you're sucked in by it doesn't mean the rest of us have to be.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast