Like Tree12Likes

Chinese man shot dead in Paris by police, sparking violent protests

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Fook the police!

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vid...xt=0&width=400

'The good immigrants.'

It's attracting attention because it's out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    The incident is about a Chinese man, not about Arabs or Africans. Ah when losing an argument, first reaction: Move goal post.

Most French have no issue whtsoever with Chinese.....
    ‘Je suis Chaolin’: why the Chinese in France are speaking up about violence and racism | South China Morning Post

yes, and?

I said MOST, not all... and you take a SCMP article...good one.

btw about robbery "They only attack the Chinese. Why the Chinese?”"

I can answer this question very quickly. go to any high end department store in Paris and tell me what you see. Chinese people.

If you are a thief you still from whom? the rich or the poor?

More than 100 cases of aggression against Chinese residents were reported since November in Aubervilliers"

-> ok clearly the guy who wrote that has never been to Aubervilliers. If I go there, I'd probably get mugged and robbed too...It's not a skin issue here...Aubervilliers is a bad place, full stop.

“France is a racist country,” Yang said, claiming that non-white immigrants are less likely to be hired for top jobs in France.
    -> OK, sure, how about non Chinese immigrants in China. are they really gonna get top gvt jobs and the likes? They may get an expat contract for a few years but that's it. France is FAR from perfect but it has way more black, Asian etc in power position than China has white in power position. Fleur Pellegrin, for example, was a Korean born minister of culture. Have you ever seen a white dude in the CCP??

“We’re taking risks. Thanks to us, France earns more. We are productive,” Yang said, underlining that businessmen like him pay at least 33 per cent of tax, and saying some locals were “lazy”.
    -> That's the standard tax rate (china is higher btw).

France has historically opened its doors to migration, but its formula for integrating outsiders is to make them as French as possible. Residency is incumbent on learning the language and history.
    -> complete bollocks. My mom was born in Germany. She got French citizenship by marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    'The good immigrants.'

It's attracting attention because it's out of the ordinary.
    You're thinking of law-abiding upper middle class Hong Kongers who brought their entire savings to Western countries to escape the communists post '97, but before that, the Chinese were hardly seen as "the good immigrants". It's the reason why laws such as the Chinese Exclusion Act and White Australia Policy were enacted, and it was certainly not out of love for the "good" Chinese.

It's attracting attention because the younger, educated and social media savvy French Chinese are finally speaking up about injustices in their community, unlike their (uneducated) parents who are used to keeping incidents like these on the hush, due to the non-confrontational M.O. of most older Asian immigrants. It's likely out of the ordinary for anyone outside the French Chinese diaspora but I presume that racial aggression incidents are far more common than they are reported, which is the case for non-Chinese immigrants in HK as well.

Not giving a lecture here, but you've raised an interesting point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    yes, and?

France has historically opened its doors to migration, but its formula for integrating outsiders is to make them as French as possible. Residency is incumbent on learning the language and history.
    -> complete bollocks. My mom was born in Germany. She got French citizenship by marriage.
    Der Postillon: Einzige Person, die noch über "Deine Mudda"-Witze lacht, deine Mudda

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    You're thinking of law-abiding upper middle class Hong Kongers who brought their entire savings to Western countries to escape the communists post '97, but before that, the Chinese were hardly seen as "the good immigrants". It's the reason why laws such as the Chinese Exclusion Act and White Australia Policy were enacted, and it was certainly not out of love for the "good" Chinese.

It's attracting attention because the younger, educated and social media savvy French Chinese are finally speaking up about injustices in their community, unlike their (uneducated) parents who are used to keeping incidents like these on the hush, due to the non-confrontational M.O. of most older Asian immigrants. It's likely out of the ordinary for anyone outside the French Chinese diaspora but I presume that racial aggression incidents are far more common than they are reported, which is the case for non-Chinese immigrants in HK as well.

Not giving a lecture here, but you've raised an interesting point.
    I'm talking way before 1997. Chinese people have always had the reputation of integrating, working hard and avoiding becoming a burden on the state...where they remain in their communities, i.e. China towns, they tend to have a net benefit to the host city...crime tends to stay within the communities.

Uyghurs. Tibet. Case closed.

The Chinese can shut their mouths. Oppressive close minded society.

Original Post Deleted
    There are two stories here. One from the police, another from the family of the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Uyghurs. Tibet. Case closed.

The Chinese can shut their mouths. Oppressive close minded society.
    Native Canadians?