Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By shri

Trump v Xi

Closed Thread

Trump v Xi

Who has the stronger hand in this 'negotiation' or will they just make sure big business interests are looked after?

Nothing new will come out of this. Both sides will play nice, as they have by now realised how much they need each other. No dick or hand waving.

Looking forward to Saturdays tweet storm for entertainment.

spode likes this.

The problem is that after his election campaign speeches Trump needs to be seen domestically as being tough on China. So my guess is that the meeting will go smoothly then afterwards Trump will go on the attack undoing any progress in the meeting.

Xi can just sit back, do nothing and still win.

JAherbert and shri like this.

"We had a long discussion already and so far I have gotten nothing, absolutely nothing," Trump joked in front of reporters during the meal. But he said the two leaders had "developed a friendship."
    “I have great respect for him,” Trump said of Xi in the interview. “I have great respect for China. I would not be at all surprised if we did something that would be very dramatic and good for both countries and I hope so.”

From politico.

Trump offers Xi steak, not a Big Mac, at Mar-a-Lago - POLITICO

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Nobody has more respect for China that I do...that should be the quote. that is THE Donald quote on every topic.