Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By vmlinuz
  • 1 Post By jonastainine

Environment & Apple

Closed Thread

...and you can see the magnificent results every time you visit the industrial areas in China.

Original Post Deleted
    It's not. But that talk is like planting a carrot as a step to avert global warming. True, it's a step in that direction....

Apple are one of the companies whose names come up with discussions about renewable power come up. They are serious (I think) about trying to buy renewable when they can (even if more expensive than conventional power). Google is another whose name pops up a lot.

Does Apple have a recycling program for their products? They have such a big customer base and I think Apple could really kick off mainstream electronics recycling if they do. I have a few old iphones/ipod touches I'd love to recycle instead of throwing away.

Last edited by rickyross; 28-04-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Does Apple have a recycling program for their products? They have such a big customers base and I think Apple could really kick off mainstream electronics recycling if they do. I have a few old iphones/ipod touches I'd love to recycle instead of throwing away.
    I believe they have promoted their recycling credentials, but I've heard some questioning of how much it's a real thing, and how much it's a narrative they created to boost their image...
    rickyross likes this.

Last week we were cleaning out our flat and found an ancient Power PC stashed somewhere in the store room. The thing weighed a ton and the Mrs wanted to toss it in the trash but I said there must be some HK law about disposing used computers. The remember the trash man in California back home wouldn't take computer hardware so assumed the concept was universal or at least ought t be. I booked a pick up from Apple recycling and they sent someone two days later for it. That's pretty remarkable.

HK_Katherine likes this.