Like Tree171Likes

Duterte (part 2)

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

You are not really interested in facts or the truth are you so I will just ask some questions.

Which bodies have had their proposed budget cut to 1000 peso?

Has this budget really been approved?

Who is the Chair of the CHR and what was his previous role? If he resigned what would happen to the budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Same source as are most stories.

My questions still apply.

This cut is just a symbolic message as it is to the other agencies - cut out the corruption and actually do something useful with the taxpayers money. It has been clearly stated that they will get a working budget, oh they did not mention that? Jesus people are so gullible in believing what they read.

He cut the budget to a bunch of other things too. Nobody believes it's an actual cut (at least for the ones I'm close to).

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    He cut the budget to a bunch of other things too. Nobody believes it's an actual cut (at least for the ones I'm close to).
    "Nobody believes".... clearly some do. Perhaps nobody who knows anything believes.

This has happened under previous regimes and they are just funded through the backdoor.

PSEI just reached a new all time high on foreign inflows, increased FDI, increased exports, credit rating upgrades, strong debt position, etc etc.

Perhaps I will go back and see who predicted what last year

I'll get this one in to prempt what I know will be posted. The protest to mark the 45th anniversary of Martial Law is called by an alliance of the Catholic Church, the Liberal Party and the communists. The latter will have by far the biggest numbers and have a tendency to turn violent. The communists by the way this week lauded North Korea for their brave defiance of the US and call the Duterte regime US led. Duterte is trying to create a split between the Netherlands based CP leadership and the local NPA (half of whom it is thought support him).

Palace slams Agence France-Presse, Inquirer over 'misleading' martial law headline | News | GMA News Online

The budget of the CHR and other agencies has been restored by the House. Let's see if and how that is reported.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The budget of the CHR and other agencies has been restored by the House. Let's see if and how that is reported.
    The ERC too?

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast