Like Tree171Likes

Duterte (part 2)

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 51 56 57 58 59

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    BBC News - Philippines drug war: Do we know how many have died?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50236481
    Michelle Bachelet, the UN chief tasked with delivering the official report into allegations of human-rights abuses in the Philippines, has said even the government's official death toll would be "a matter of most serious concern for any country".
    And still people continue to proclaim Duterte as some sort of savior. Guess it's ok if it's not you he's killing.

I guess this might not have been watched here. Very good documentary from the Frontline team on CBS.

kimwy66 likes this.

Someone who obviously admires the eccentric Philippine strongman recently posted in another (Wuhan virus?) thread a message deriding the #OustDuterte hashtag.

It wasn't the time or place for me to provide feedback, but I've since seen a news piece from 2018 refloating on the fringes on the intertubes which should reassure him/her:

The Straits Times (SG): Philippine President Duterte says China's Xi Jinping won't allow his removal from office

MANILA (BLOOMBERG) - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping had provided him with a personal assurance that Beijing would not allow him to be removed from office.

"The assurances of Xi are very encouraging: we will not allow you to be taken out from your office and we will not allow the Philippines to go to the dogs," Duterte said in a speech on Tuesday (May 15). (2018)

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 51 56 57 58 59