Like Tree9Likes

Qatar Blockade

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Qatar Blockade

Saw this earlier today, but forgot to put it up.

Saudi Arabia and three other Arab countries cut off most diplomatic and economic ties to Qatar in an unprecedented move designed to punish one of the region’s financial superpowers for its ties with Iran and Islamist groups in the region.

Oil jumped after Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt said in statements they will suspend air and sea travel to and from Qatar. Saudi Arabia will also shut land crossings with its neighbor, potentially depriving the emirate of imports through its only land border.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...isis-escalates

When Saudi Arabia ejected the U.S. air operations center for the region in 2003, Qatar took it on. Today the emirate hosts 10,000 U.S. troops. (Trump last month held talks with Sheikh Tamim to discuss Qatar’s purchase of American military equipment, and said the two countries have “been friends now for a long time.”)
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...lies-quicktake
    imparanoic likes this.

You will probably get an in-depths tweet from Trump about this news later today.

I wonder what Iran is doing wrong anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    You will probably get an in-depths tweet from Trump about this news later today.

Iran is practicing a different branch of Islam to Arab states. Iran is Shia and most Arab states are Sunni. Historically, there's been a lot of fighting because if it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea addict:
    Iran is practicing a different branch of Islam to Arab states. Iran is Shia and most Arab states are Sunni. Historically, there's been a lot of fighting because if it.
    Well, religious BS aside, I don't recall too many Iranian terrorists in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    They dont bow down at the feet of the great satan.

https://raimd.files.wordpress.com/20...greatsatan.png

Saudi Arabia accusing Qatar of funding terrorism is pot, kettle, black. When the Saudi Salafis are pissed at the Qatar Salafis you know it has very little to do with who has the greatest number of terrorists on the payroll. Qatar has been mucking around with Iran and that's a no-no. This is just putting them back in their place, and removing any home threat from the Muslim Brotherhood who have support from Qatar. Just more 6th century shit.

On the upside, this will be read positively by Trump, so those arms will keep rolling in.

shri and Mefisto like this.

is it safe to assume the US will blame everything on the Russian hackers from now on?

Flying Qatar to Europe on Tuesday. I can't figure out whether this is bad (cancelled flight) or good (empty flight)!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Flying Qatar to Europe on Tuesday. I can't figure out whether this is bad (cancelled flight) or good (empty flight)!
    my money is on Empty flight
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast