Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By flameproof
  • 6 Post By Paxbritannia
  • 1 Post By East_coast

Botswana Stands up to China!

Closed Thread

Botswana Stands up to China!

1. The 82-year-old Tibetan leader is due to speak at the three-day "Mind and Life Dialogue" conference in Botswana's capital Gaborone on 19 August.

2. On 14 July, Chinese foreign ministry said it had firmly opposed Botswana for permitting the Dalai Lama visit and asked it to "accommodate China's core interests".

3. On China's objections, Botswana Foreign Minister Pelonomi Venson-Moitoi told lawmakers that "the principle of non-interference in the international affairs of other countries is at the core of China's foreign policy." "We therefore expect... China to respect our sovereign decision on this matter," the Minister said and expressed hope that the visit of the Tibetan spiritual leader will not affect the strong bonds of friendship between the two countries.

China slams Botswana for going ahead with Dalai Lama's visit; says will not accept foreign interference

Are you seriously saying that non-interference should work both ways?

Paxbritannia and cookie09 like this.

I have no idea whether what China does in Tibet is right or wrong, no do I care to be absolutely honest. However, I don't understand why everyone is so enchanted with the Dalai Lamma. He is a theocratic leader and the main reason he isn't like an Iranian ayatollah is because the commies kicked him out. Buddha's reincarnation, my God!

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Are you seriously saying that non-interference should work both ways?
    There is a little history between the two

China’s African ambitions stumble in Botswana - Al Jazeera English
    stanzd likes this.

Good to see a foreign government standing up to CCP bullying and throwing their non-intervention rhetoric back in their face.