Like Tree95Likes

US white supremacist violence

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    The difficulty is that clear (to most sensible folk) one side of this debate is right and the other wrong. However, violence is also wrong. When the "good guys" use violence to perpetrate their agenda, they themselves open the door to be called out by it. We then get into a position where it;s much harder to defend right (as in, correct, not a political side).
    Look at what Governor McAuliffe has to say about the situation. Even if counter protesters were also violent no rational person can consider their actions equivalent to those of the white supremacists.

Charlottesville: Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe says police failure to control protest due to militia's 'better equipment' | The Independent

Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe has said one of the reasons the police failed to control the violence during a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville was because militia members at the rally were armed with "better equipment" than the state police themselves.

“It’s easy to criticise, but I can tell you this, 80 per cent of the people here had semiautomatic weapons," Mr McAuliffe said.

Several members of militia groups, seen wearing tactical gear and carrying assault rifles, were marching from the early morning to Emancipation Park where the rally was supposed to take place to protest the removal of a statue of Civil War Confederate General Robert E Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Look at what Governor McAuliffe has to say about the situation. Even if counter protesters were also violent no rational person can consider their actions equivalent to those of the white supremacists.
    No one does - except your moronic president (sorry for you).
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    No one does - except your moronic president (sorry for you).
    Honestly I didn't think my estimation of him could fall any further but this is really the last straw.

If a group of Black Lives Matter protesters had turned up with semiautomatic weapons and run over people with a car, and Obama had said "there's blame on all sides" Congress would have drafted articles of impeachment.
    jgl, Mat, Gatts and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Honestly I didn't think my estimation of him could fall any further but this is really the last straw.

If a group of Black Lives Matter protesters had turned up with semiautomatic weapons and run over people with a car, and Obama had said "there's blame on all sides" Congress would have drafted articles of impeachment.
    I'm hoping that this is the trigger that gets the republicans to start the process. If they can ever get over the risk to themselves that will entail.

Name:  20819307_10155751843558945_3972647177266903170_o.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  113.1 KB
    Jeff_ likes this.

You are so f*cking ignorant on the whole issue. The reason why Charlottesville violence and "Unite the Right" happened is because the ANTIFA you describe is made up of actual regressives who throw around the word "Nazi" or "Fascist" to anyone who disagrees with them. Fascists exists, Nazis don't. However, the constant misuse of the term by the regressive leftists caused these kinds of things to happen. The image you used is not the representative of the whole incident. These ANTIFA loons were using violence, just like how they did at UC Berkley a few hours ago to stop Milo Yiannopoulous from speaking.

The "fascists" and "Nazis" are created by the regressive leftists who disagree with them to the slightest bit.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Might I point out that today's "Nazis" carry crescent symbol and Palestinian flags, and the ones who normalize the tolerance of their ideas are regressive leftists.

Quote Originally Posted by donalmage:
    You are so f*cking ignorant on the whole issue. The reason why Charlottesville violence and "Unite the Right" happened is because the ANTIFA you describe is made up of actual regressives who throw around the word "Nazi" or "Fascist" to anyone who disagrees with them. Fascists exists, Nazis don't..
    So cute

These guys must be a figment of the imagination and don't really exist Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 1.31.38 PM.png
Views: 295
Size:  509.6 KB

These ANTIFA loons were using violence....
    What a twisted world we live in where Nazis, KKK & Fascists are openly marching in the streets with guns and the cutest tiki torches, and your (and your ilk's) main concern are the people marching to oppose them...

Welcome back BTW. Lets see how long it takes for you to go off the deep end again.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    So cute

These guys must be a figment of the imagination and don't really exist

What a twisted world we live in where Nazis, KKK & Fascists are openly marching in the streets with guns and the cutest tiki torches, and your (and your ilk's) main concern are the people marching to oppose them...

Welcome back BTW. Lets see how long it takes for you to go off the deep end again.
    You still don't get my point, do you? The regressives created them (Nazis). Those marchers are alt-right trolls literally taking on the labels given to them by the regressive leftists.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast