Like Tree4Likes

Anti-Drug Philippine President Duterte's Son Accused in $125-Million Drug Shipment

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Your first point is false too. Google "Philippines" and count how many articles are pro or anti the administration and how many are pro or anti the opposition.
    Seriously. I don't believe anything coming out of there at the moment either pro or anti. You can continue to deepthroat the guy but you ain't convincing anyone. Time will eventually expose the truth but we're at least a decade from that at the moment. Until then it's all controlled hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Seriously. I don't believe anything coming out of there at the moment either pro or anti. You can continue to deepthroat the guy but you ain't convincing anyone. Time will eventually expose the truth but we're at least a decade from that at the moment. Until then it's all controlled hearsay.
    I would agree on not believing what is written, many journalists here are very corrupt and will write whatever they are paid to write. As to deepthroating I just try to rely on facts, whether facts convince anyone I don't really care, none of you have a vote. As I wrote before (another thing Mat obviously missed) the Philippines "is starting from the bottom and has many extreme problems". It IS getting better, noticeably so in everyday life, but in terms of perfection at about 1%.

I would agree on not believing what is written, many journalists here are very corrupt and will write whatever they are paid to write. As to deepthroating I just try to rely on facts, whether facts convince anyone I don't really care, none of you have a vote. As I wrote before (another thing Mat obviously missed) the Philippines "is starting from the bottom and has many extreme problems". It IS getting better, noticeably so in everyday life, but in terms of perfection at about 1%.
    No one misses the fact that it starts from very far. It goes without saying.
    We have all been living in Asia long enough and travelled, worked there enough to know the country is starting from the bottom.

I am all for being positive and optimistic and hoping the trend goes up - but I find it hard to believe that ANY article, that says ANYTHING remotely negative towards Durterte is always wrong. There must be lots of lies...but there must be also be some truth and the PH right now, is not all roses - far from it. Which is what many of us are trying to say here -

That does not mean we don't want the PH to develop or get better, but it also means, like you don't buy the international media....we don't always buy what the local medias/you say. It goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    No one misses the fact that it starts from very far. It goes without saying.
    We have all been living in Asia long enough and travelled, worked there enough to know the country is starting from the bottom.

I am all for being positive and optimistic and hoping the trend goes up - but I find it hard to believe that ANY article, that says ANYTHING remotely negative towards Durterte is always wrong. There must be lots of lies...but there must be also be some truth and the PH right now, is not all roses - far from it. Which is what many of us are trying to say here -

That does not mean we don't want the PH to develop or get better, but it also means, like you don't buy the international media....we don't always buy what the local medias/you say. It goes both ways.
    I agree with much of what you say but then I am not always facing rational discussion but rather comments such as Duterte staged Marawi, he is killing the opposition, he us a dictator/Hitler, and on and on with baseless non-evidence based tripe. You are surprised I react?

99% of what is reported in the international media is from the local media particularly the website Rappler which is not much more than a fake news site honestly. Never would they think to check the source it being such great copy. I am reminded of a quote in the Guardian on a story about the award winning photographer used in many newspapers who turned out to be a fake. "People believe what they want to believe in. Fact checking is forgotten when the story is good".

How many positive stories have you read about the Philippines in the last year? How many of the doom laden predictions have come true?

I just try to rely on facts, whether facts convince anyone I don't really care, none of you have a vote.
    The problem with 'facts' is unless you are there you have no idea of what is or isn't true. It doesn't become a fact because you agree with a report. So unless you are witness you can't state these are indeed facts. As I mentioned maybe in a decade we will get the real truth.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4