Like Tree37Likes

Will Trump end his four years?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Slightly off topic but this gave me a giggle. With the inquiry into Russia influencing the American election ongoing, an American expert argues that Russia targets low education level populations.

https://www.rt.com/usa/416225-watts-...-social-media/
    This doesn't surprise me. The USA is one country only in law. In fact it's a mix of highly developed, mainly rich and progressive places (I think California could give Scandinavia a run for its money) and huge areas of poverty, low education, low infrastructure, overly religious that could probably give some places in the Middle East a run for their money. Easily seen in the voting patterns as well. Those people who vote for Trump were turkeys voting for Christmas - his policies don't help the poor (tax cuts for the rich, less health funding for the poor), they help the standard base of the Republican party which is fat rich white folks. Those poor sods are very easily manipulated - as suggested by the guy interviewed on HardTalk this morning on the BBC (some black republican, can't remember the name, he was very impressive) - Trump built up his constituency over years while on the TV... they are the people who watched him! They are loyal and they will vote for him again. But they are basically suckers. I can understand why he got elected. But If Trumps rude populism helped his own constituency that would be one thing. But the fact it hurts them is something I still cannot get my head around.
    UK/HKboy likes this.

Slightly off topic but this gave me a giggle. With the inquiry into Russia influencing the American election ongoing, an American expert argues that Russia targets low education level populations.

https://www.rt.com/usa/416225-watts-...-social-media/
    LOL, RT being caught with their hands in the cookie jar, then goes on the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    LOL, RT being caught with their hands in the cookie jar, then goes on the attack.
    Ah but was the cookie jar opened for them?

Ah but was the cookie jar opened for them?
    In general, I'd say no.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4